+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Toilet trained but started weeing on floor?

DD has been TT for about 6 months now and is fine with it Goes poos and wees, wipes herself, tells me she needs to go but the last 3 days shes started weeing her pants on the carpet in random spots throughout the house.

Shes doing it just once around the same time each day and im sure its on purpose.

Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She's not too caught up with what she is doing and kid leaves it too late to get to the toilet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No i dont think so shes not even playing she just goes somewhere i cant see her and goes.

First time was when she was on the naughty spot

Second time was on our window sil in our bedroom

Third time was on her bedroom floor. She was playing in the lounge, the loo is closer but she went to the other end of the house to her room to do it.

Frustrating as we have new carpets!! Worst timing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kids are funny with the whole toilet thing sometimes. It can be a sign that there's something worrying her etc or the obvious cooler weather issue. Or it could be experimental - I don't get why the window sill, for example, so perhaps it's something to do with a "I wonder what would happen if ..."

If she were mine, I'd gently explain that I was very proud of all the times she's able to go to the toilet by herself (focus on positive) and explain that you'd really like her to try hard to get to the toilet cos it's a bit annoying having to clean up. If she wets again, try to affirm the positive again - "Oh, dear - I noticed you were doing really well getting to the loo this morning ..."

Hope it improves.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsd For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is doing the same. Hes been tt for about 4 months and up until now he has been great. Very rarely had an accident. Now its 2-3 times a day that he pees himself. Thankfully its not number 2s but im going through clothes like theres no tomorrow. And being winter you can imagine how frustrating it is.
    I just got some terry training pants so at least if he does wet it saves me cleaning up puddles or the couch. I havent told them they are nappies (or he will just go in them) i told them they were special knickers for in case he misses the toilet.
    He still goes sometimes in the toilet but its gotten to the point where im considering putting him in nappies again. I REALLY dont want to do that hence why im giving the training pants a go.
    I kind of think it is the cold weather, though im not really sure to be honest.

I get it...its SOOOOO frustrating!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies ill see how she goes and have some patience.

Shes a very bright little girl so maybe she is just testing to see what happens.

Maybe she likes the warmth of weeing herself atm lol xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm glad I found this thread! I started tt'ing my 2.5 yr old boy a month ago. After two weeks I was wondering what all the fuss was about as he had quite a few accident free days. But it's progressively getting worse and he's peeing everywhere and absolutely refusing to go to the toilet. Grr

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get a UTI test, just to rule it out. My DD started doing that when she was 3, she had been day trained for a year and randomly started wetting herself. She had no pain, no other symptoms. The dr did the test in his office and it was positive immediately - a short course of antibiotics and she was back in control. This is very common, particularly in girls that wipe themselves. If she keeps doing it I would get a urine check done, it is painless and simple, but if a UTI progresses it can lead to bladder and kidney infections (that's when symptoms start).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I would get a UTI test, just to rule it out. My DD started doing that when she was 3, she had been day trained for a year and randomly started wetting herself. She had no pain, no other symptoms. The dr did the test in his office and it was positive immediately - a short course of antibiotics and she was back in control. This is very common, particularly in girls that wipe themselves. If she keeps doing it I would get a urine check done, it is painless and simple, but if a UTI progresses it can lead to bladder and kidney infections (that's when symptoms start).
    Thanks.....will do x