Closed Thread
Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah we don't tend to go out at night with DS Nicsta... If we do we get someone to babysit after we have put him down, I think we've dine this 4 times, on the odd occasion that I have I just give him his dinner & bottle out & in the car by 7/7:30 transfer him to bed when we get home...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately Ella will not sleep anywhere else but her cot... If we do go out for dinner it tends to turn ugly, she starts yelling (high pitched girl screams) when she gets tired!! We don't go out for dinner anymore lol.

Sometimes her grandparents will mind her at home. I'm buying a porta cot this week so she can get used to sleeping in it at home with the intention of trying to get her to sleep at her grandparents.

Proud of herself for standing, her first swim at the beach and i've finally finished her room... Nine months later

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1385381459.062109.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1385381483.758997.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1385381510.822933.jpg
    Last edited by kmvw; 25-11-2013 at 22:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Question ladies....

Do you take your babies out at night? For example ivy goes to bed at 6-630...as she still catnaps a lot. Most days I get 1 x 30 min nap & 1 x 1 hour and she sleeps 11.5-12 hours at night.

So I almost never take her out at night unless we are staying at the place, for example we go to my friends for dinner and just sleep over. It's just easier not too...as I value my nights and her sleeping through.

When we do go out at night we just have her babysat.

Now that she is 8 months and coming to summer we have a few more things to attend and need to take her out.

So do others take out bubs often?
    We never take Orlando out at night. I fact we've hardly ever been out at night. He's nearly 9 months old and we've never had him babysat and been out at night ourselves together - is that bad???

Coming to summer though we will probably start doing a few things at night and putting him to bed in the pram and then transfer to car then cot but he doesn't sleep the best in his pram I guess we will play it by ear!

Has anyone else ever not had their bubs babysat? Orlando has always either been with me both of us, with me by myself or on the rare occasion when I have a hair appointment or something my husband by himself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for the replies!!

I'll come back later and reply again as I have more to say , miss Ivy has been awake since 520...it's 6am now so Im going to go get her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL I think it's up to you if you want him babysat, it's not bad he has never been babysat it's just how it is . Ivy rarely gets baby sat, although a few weeks back I went away 5 weekends in a row, had weddings, birthdays, girls weekends Etc. She was either with DH or she stayed with friends a couple if times. This weekend is Andrews bday so she is staying with my parents.

I was just asking about the night stuff as my nana is being a real pain about Xmas eve and wants me to bring ivy to a dinner that starts at 7? And I'm annoyed as it's Xmas eve!!! Xmas day will be hard enough! We rarely take ivy out at night, as in since she was over 3 months it's Happened maybe 2 -3 times. She doesn't sleep in the pram and is a crap transfer bub! So I just like to stick to her routine which is dinner at 5, bath at 545...then bottle & bed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't not take their baby out. My nana was all like so you just don't go out at night....I said yep! I was pretty blunt and said why would I want to take out a grumpy baby, I'm not going to enjoy dinner or where ever we are and then it's my job to deal with getting to her sleep and all the other ramifications that come from an overtired bub, which with Ivy are plentiful! No thanks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL I think it's up to you if you want him babysat, it's not bad he has never been babysat it's just how it is . Ivy rarely gets baby sat, although a few weeks back I went away 5 weekends in a row, had weddings, birthdays, girls weekends Etc. She was either with DH or she stayed with friends a couple if times. This weekend is Andrews bday so she is staying with my parents.

I was just asking about the night stuff as my nana is being a real pain about Xmas eve and wants me to bring ivy to a dinner that starts at 7? And I'm annoyed as it's Xmas eve!!! Xmas day will be hard enough! We rarely take ivy out at night, as in since she was over 3 months it's Happened maybe 2 -3 times. She doesn't sleep in the pram and is a crap transfer bub! So I just like to stick to her routine which is dinner at 5, bath at 545...then bottle & bed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't not take their baby out. My nana was all like so you just don't go out at night....I said yep! I was pretty blunt and said why would I want to take out a grumpy baby, I'm not going to enjoy dinner or where ever we are and then it's my job to deal with getting to her sleep and all the other ramifications that come from an overtired bub, which with Ivy are plentiful! No thanks!!!
    We had the same conversation yesterday about Christmas Eve... My SIL wants us to catch up with them, but we've agreed we can only do lunch or drinks in the arvo (even that's hard as he sleeps 2-4 usually) I'll let her know today, otherwise the alternative is for them to come to us.., my DH flys out at 5am Christmas morning so the last thing I want to do is destroy Myles routine for 1 night when the next day is going to be busy, I have 30 people over Christmas night without DH to help, hard enough as it is!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Will she sleep in a portacot if you have one? That may be an option? But I agree Christmas Eve too much. Every year my MIL makes doughnuts so we go to her house in the day and then the usual routine is me watching carols by candlelight at home with a box of tissues (I always cry lol) and the midnight mass. Will be skipping out on midnight mass and going to church on Christmas Day this year - mummas it to play Santa instead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1385986533.538495.jpg

My monkey! He's climbing up in everything!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Sorry I've been a bit absent. AJ has been keeping me on my toes with his crawling and now walking with a walker and climbing stairs and I'm exhausted lol! We're also heading back to nz for Xmas next week and on the weekend we decided we would hold a naming day ceremony while we're there so I'm frantically trying to organize it. Seeing as I've never been to a baptism/christening/naming day I'm finding it bloody stressful!

So after I reneged on my promise to stop bf at 6 months (it just felt too early), we decided to try naturally for a couple of months before going back to ivf in march. This is our first month of trying. I've been using opk since cd 9 and so far nothing! Today is cd 22. I've had 3 periods so far with 42 and 34 days between them. Do you think I'm still yet to ovulate or is it possible that I'm not actually ovulating even though I'm getting periods? Very confused!

Loving seeing the photos of the bubs. I'll try and get one of AJ once I figure out how to upload it!

Hope you ladies and bubs are all well and looking forward to Xmas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should also say pre AJ I used to ovulate pretty regularly on cd 13-16!