Closed Thread
Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    That is a rough 2 weeks Gampa but sounds like her routine has improved a lot! Ivy got up at 530 this morn...ahhh it's early! So how did they help the day naps?

Also I give ivy gee bottle first thing as in if she wakes at 530 gets bottle at 6 the breaky at 730....then not another bottle till after her nap...do they recommend breaky then bottle?
    A lot of people give bottle before brekky I give brekky first as my paediatrician recommended it that way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We do bottle first... Then breakfast an hour or so later... Myles is only having 3 bottles in a 24hr period now so we just want to make sure he is getting enough milk, as they say its the primary dam source of nutrition till they are 1.

Sorry you've had such a bad run Gampa, really hoping things improve for you XX

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We do bottle first too pretty much as soon as he wakes then breakfast an hour or so later. As Amy said milk is still suppose to be the main sourest till one.

William loves doing raspberries ATM. So cute and funny but oh so messy lol. It cracks me up hearing him on the monitor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    Just a whinge from me..
    I have to take Ella to the paed tomorrow as we went to the CHN yesterday and her weight has plateaued
    She is 9 months on Friday and weighs 5.51kg
    Way below the 3rd percentile for adjusted and actual age.
    I'm feeling like a terrible mum and not sure what to do. She eats a lot and is having 5 milk feeds a day.
    Anyways.. Just need to vent.. It's not something I can talk about with anyone cause they generally just brush it off and say 'shell be fine!'
    Yes, I know she will, but I also need to vent!!!
    Hope you are all well.. Ill let you know how Wednesday goes with the paed xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Adden it must be frustrating and a little concerning. Let us know how you go abs vent away!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    That is a rough 2 weeks Gampa but sounds like her routine has improved a lot! Ivy got up at 530 this morn...ahhh it's early! So how did they help the day naps?

Also I give ivy gee bottle first thing as in if she wakes at 530 gets bottle at 6 the breaky at 730....then not another bottle till after her nap...do they recommend breaky then bottle?
    Hi there,
    sorry been MIA lately as have also had a hospital admission for severe gastro that then went thru the entire house like fire!cwe were all sick as....however we err over that now.

nic they reccomend breakfast before bottle. I've just been to tressilian and was told off for bottle first by both paediatrician and midwives. The reason being at 8-9 months they are converting to having meals as their primary food source not milk. It's a transition period. I must say the routine they put her on is working although a bit restrictive on my lifestyle, but it is having some effect n the night and she is sleeping til 530 am now which is a big improvement. Coco is 9 months next week and having three large meals a day followed by a bottle. Ie down to 3 bottles a day. She drinks between100-180mls of formula at a time. My breast milk is not enough now with work, having a miscarriage, gastro etc so she's almost weaned.

coco is starting to get a bit fussy! And if she doesn't like something I put on her tray she picks it up and purposely throws it on the floor!cfollowed by looking at it and going - ahhhh- then she looks at me and laughs!!

Nic- coco was also cat napping 40 min sleeps at a time, and the biggest thing tressilian did was strectch her out in the morning. For example if she got up st 6 am they said to me a minimum of three hours before bed allowed.ceven if she is cranky and you have to walk her around the house or stimulate her with toys. Put her to bed no earlier than 9 am and see if that works. the first few days it was hard to stretch her but then she just clicked and goes down for 1-1 1/2 hours at a time. When she gets up there must be a minimum of three hours again before she goes to bed again. So if she is up at 1030 am then I don't put her down again til 1330. And it works all the time. It works for me. It stopped all the cat napping. If they are younger than 8 months they may need a third 30-40 min nap at about 4-5 pm top but they will eventually drop that too. Hope that helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Great news Amy fen will be here before we know it! We are trying naturally - positive ovulation test yesterday morning and this morning. Missed ovulation window last month and just caught the end of my ovulation the month before. We'll go for 6 months and then see our fs if we're not pregnant by February/march
    Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=adden;7520501]Hi girls
    Just a whinge from me..
    I have to take Ella to the paed tomorrow as we went to the CHN yesterday and her weight has plateaued
    She is 9 months on Friday and weighs 5.51kg
    Way below the 3rd percentile for adjusted and actual age.
    I'm feeling like a terrible mum and not sure what to do. She eats a lot and is having 5 milk feeds a day.
    Anyways.. Just need to vent.. It's not something I can talk about with anyone cause they generally just brush it off and say 'shell be fine!'
    Yes, I know she will, but I also need to vent!!!
    Hope you are all well.. Ill let you know how Wednesday goes with the paed xxxxx

hey,
    My advise go with your gut instinct- is she reaching all her motor milestones? If so as others say she'll probably be ok. Sounds like she eats more than me though!

Good luck for tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adden if it makes you feel any better my Ella has just reached 7kgs, she is quite tall so she looks like I'm starving her...

I agree with Gampa if she is reaching her milestones and is happy, try not to be too worried.

I agree you do feel like you're not providing enough for you baby especially when someone says oh gee she's thin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gampa I was admitted to hospital on Monday with severe dehydration from Gastro, must be everywhere at the moment! My supply has all but gone from it, I'm hoping it will come back but so far it hasn't. I wasn't ready to give up Breastfeeding.