Closed Thread
Page 64 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy birthday Nic!! Sounds like you got super spoilt!

I'll write more on the laptop, don't have the patience on the phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    long time no posting....
    glad to see this forum is still going strong. SL1009, Nic, Nala, Amy, Adden, dragonfly...you all seem well despite the usual sleep issues.

ive read thru the forum and caught up on goings on. Very interesting to hear about all your TTC already. baby coco aka Elizabeth is 8 months old and dong well -8.5 kg! eats well but fully addicted to the boob. so much so we wre heading to tresillian to help out her on a bottle as i have returned to work and she wont take any milk but from me so when i return home i have one hungry baby. She's on 3 huge meals a day. We are also going to tresilian sleep school as she gets up at 3 am and parties! All night til 5 am, then gets upset has a feed then goes back to sleep for 20 mins only. She then is up for the day but wants to go back to sleep until 8 am. It's quite a bad routine as I am exhausted and she wakes the entire house up chatting all night. We have tried everything from ignoring to rocking to patting to music but nothing works so in mid October we head to sleep school.

On a different note we were told that the chances of having a third child were next to none, even though we have a good embryo in storage. And to be honest after loosing the baby prior to going on IVF I was happy with two and so very grateful. I didn't really want three children. But it turns out that I may be pregnant. Conceived naturally obviously! I am 5 days late and did a pregnancy test really to ease my mind thinking that it would be negative. After years of negatives I just threw it in the bin as it was negative. Then about 10 mins later I thought better check, so went back and there it was 2 pink lines looking at me. I am bewildered. If its true ( blood test tomorrow) the age gap wil be 16 months. I have 4 years between myfirst two. Anyway I immediately thought of you guys - I really don't know what to do? I haven't even told my hubby yet. It's just such a miracle. We weren't even trying. My obstetrician when I asked him to tie my tubes laughed at me and said no need! And now look.i am in shock...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi girls,
    long time no posting....
    glad to see this forum is still going strong. SL1009, Nic, Nala, Amy, Adden, dragonfly...you all seem well despite the usual sleep issues.

ive read thru the forum and caught up on goings on. Very interesting to hear about all your TTC already. baby coco aka Elizabeth is 8 months old and dong well -8.5 kg! eats well but fully addicted to the boob. so much so we wre heading to tresillian to help out her on a bottle as i have returned to work and she wont take any milk but from me so when i return home i have one hungry baby. She's on 3 huge meals a day. We are also going to tresilian sleep school as she gets up at 3 am and parties! All night til 5 am, then gets upset has a feed then goes back to sleep for 20 mins only. She then is up for the day but wants to go back to sleep until 8 am. It's quite a bad routine as I am exhausted and she wakes the entire house up chatting all night. We have tried everything from ignoring to rocking to patting to music but nothing works so in mid October we head to sleep school.

On a different note we were told that the chances of having a third child were next to none, even though we have a good embryo in storage. And to be honest after loosing the baby prior to going on IVF I was happy with two and so very grateful. I didn't really want three children. But it turns out that I may be pregnant. Conceived naturally obviously! I am 5 days late and did a pregnancy test really to ease my mind thinking that it would be negative. After years of negatives I just threw it in the bin as it was negative. Then about 10 mins later I thought better check, so went back and there it was 2 pink lines looking at me. I am bewildered. If its true ( blood test tomorrow) the age gap wil be 16 months. I have 4 years between myfirst two. Anyway I immediately thought of you guys - I really don't know what to do? I haven't even told my hubby yet. It's just such a miracle. We weren't even trying. My obstetrician when I asked him to tie my tubes laughed at me and said no need! And now look.i am in shock...
    OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Gampa what a true miracle!!! Are you going for a blood test??? That's probably the first step right?! How do you feel about it and how do you think hubby would react!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow gampa, that's exciting and scary all at the same time! Let us know how you get on.
    If your going to nepean tresillian, we found all the nurses to be lovely, apart from one night lady and a guy. Good luck, sounds like you need it! You've got a little party animal there!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Gampa! I believe everything happen for a reason... Someone had another plan for you when your OB didn't tie your tubes!

Hope you're all sleeping well.

My little guy seems to have stopped at 6 teeth for now so now the only issue we are tackling is trying to control eczema, it seems to get worse every day, the only good thing is it doesn't seem to both him... Fingers crossed I find something that clears it up soon!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Gampa!!! That's amazing! Please let us know how you go what a miracle!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Wow Gampa! I believe everything happen for a reason... Someone had another plan for you when your OB didn't tie your tubes!

My little guy seems to have stopped at 6 teeth for now so now the only issue we are tackling is trying to control eczema, it seems to get worse every day, the only good thing is it doesn't seem to both him... Fingers crossed I find something that clears it up soon!
    Try aveeno baby skin relief moisturiser - I swear it's like magic cream! Available at chemist warehouse

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Try aveeno baby skin relief moisturiser - I swear it's like magic cream! Available at chemist warehouse
    Tried it... Didn't work... I've tried everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ella had eczema on her cheeks and we used Paw paw ointment and QV moisturiser, if they fail as well best to see a GP.

Gampa good luck today!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post

Hi my little girl has dreadful ecxema,
    we use
    1. Hydrocortisone cream to really bad areas - small amount applied to worst areas. Applied at night
    2. QV oil in bath
    3. QV lotion after bath and 3 times a day - you bascially have to oil them up like a fish!
    4. Phenegran for itch
    5. Singulair - (monteleikoblast antagnoist) oral chewable tablet - but you could crush this in food easily. its PBS funded for kids under 5 for asthma and eczema.
    6. and wet wrap once a week overnight
    hope that helps