Closed Thread
Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    LOL! Km that is so funny I definitely copped niplash when I was still BFing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stephiew View Post
    Thanks ladies. We are trying to persist with a new routine and really try and catch those early signs. I'm not a big fan of cio, that will have to be an absolute last resort for me, though screaming in my arms is just as distressing so who knows. Worked on settling yesterday while dh was home and he did pretty well. Half hour to get down for 2 naps but no real crying. Afternoon nap dh took over after 20 mins but AJ wouldn't have a bar of it and whacked and kicked him till I took over 30 mins or so later. Gave up and took him to bed and we both napped. But far out, putting him to bed was the kicker. Took about an hour when I gave up and cuddled him to sleep, he was down for hour and half but woke when I went to bed and then woke every 45 mins or so for 4 hours. Blurgh! This morning's nap started with half an hour of alternating grizzle and screaming in my arms. He's asleep now and I'm waiting for him to wake at the 45 min mark and hopefully I can resettle. But I'm doing better in myself today so far though I'll still talk to the paed today. We have the appt to discuss his kidney :-).

Those that are dropping the 3rd nap how long are they awake for? AJ is still showing tired after 2 hours. He's still having 3 naps at the moment. 1.5 hrs in morning, 0.5 hrs at lunch and 1.5-2 in the afternoon. Do you think his lunch one will get longer as he starts to drop the last one (I take it that they drop the afternoon one?)
    Sorry if you've said before but does AJ have a prob with his kidney? Orlando does too...haven't had a scan since he was about 3months old - now 6months old and I need to book in his next ultrasound for this week...hopefully the dilation has gotten smaller again

The last 2 nights Orlando has been wide awake and has pushed his bedtime out to much later - like between 8-9pm when usually around 7pm. I've decided tomorrow will change his nap time in the afternoon - he's usually down from 3.30-5.30 give or take so tomorrow I'm going to try and get him down around the 2.30 mark and see if that extra 1/2hr-1hr makes a difference. He definitely seems more awake for a longer period and is definitely stretching out to past 2 hours being awake. I think he is pretty close to getting his first tooth which is maybe why he's been grizzly the last 2 days plus he just had his injections!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Lol km, yeah that's a killer

Steph, how you going? Has it been any easier the last few nights?

Our routine is

Up 6.30-7
    Nap 9am for 40 mins, if I then rock him I get another 40
    Next nap around 12-1 depending when he got up from previous nap,
    Then next one around 3.30-4
    Bed is 6.30-7 with at least 2 wakes for feeds. He always wakes at 5.30 and I have started bringing him to my bed as he goes back to sleep with me rocking him. Need to make his room darker as the morning sun is getting him up.

We didn't end up going skiing, we went to see a chiro last week about his neck and she advised that 7 hrs in the one position isn't the best and will set back all the work we have put in to him.

Off to tresillian tomorrow to start our residential stay again. Only rang them yesterday to be put on the urgent list and I got the call up today. I'll let you know what the advise on settling and all that.
    Good luck with tresilian nala

Thanks
    Reviews
    As an FYI if anyone's interested orlandos routine is

Bedtime at around 7-7.30, sleeps until around 6.30-7am but needs to be resettled at least once-twice during the night

Catnap at around 9am
    I usually take him for a walk and he'll sleep for another 45 mins ish in the pram

Catnap after lunch around 12.45-1

Sleep from 3/3.30-5 ish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for all the posts...

Have a gross question (lol) - for those of you whose periods have returned - how was the first one? I thought it was coming back as I had some spotting on Saturday/Sunday really lightly but I was expecting the first period to be really crampy and heavy. I took a pregnant test on Friday which was 14dpo which came back negative but maybe that was too early to test?? Going to get another hpt tomorrow as I will be 19dpo so you would think that if I was pregnant it would definitely show up - the period, or lackthereof just got me thinking as spotting can be an early pregnancy sign! Eeeek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had spotting SL for one month, next month like a short period and the next two months nil! I don't get it, but I'm definitely not pg.. I'm still waiting for it to come back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine period has just been spotting so far... On and off for 2 weeks.

Ivy got her first tooth yay!!

SL I think it would work wonders if you push that last nap back to 230, but to do that you might need to adjust the other naps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our routine is pretty good these days... Especially no wake ups at night (hope I don't jinx him!)

Up 7-7:30am
    Back down 9am sleeps for about 1.5hours
    Awake from 10:30 till about 12:30/1 sleeps about 1.5hours
    Awake from 2:30 till 4
    Back down at 4 for about 30 mins/ 45 mins (sometimes he'll go down at 3:30 & have 1.5hours in this time)
    Bedtime 7pm

On playgroup days & swimming we change naps to suit but that's a normal day when we are home 😀

SL it probably took 3 or 4 cycles for me to get back to 'normal' good luck though, might be a lovely surprise!

I'm just waiting for Myles 6th tooth to pop through, it's been 1 a week for 5 weeks so far so I don't think it will be too far away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ladies. Wish I could say things have improved but tbh we've gone from **** to worse. Wishing I'd resigned myself to cuddling AJ to sleep and co-sleeping forever. I think I am now borderline pnd but am definitely tired and stressed. Dh who has suffered from depression and anxiety in the past is under lots of work stress atm had reached his tolerance of dealing with me and has suggested we take a break. So here I am in a country away from all family and friends with no support other than dh and he's talking about taking that away too. I'm devastated.

We are working on a new nap routine, so far without any success. We get half an hour of protesting and crying and then we stop and either play for a bit and try again or just do whatever works. I'm still struggling with the crying and usually end up a complete bawling mess myself. I tried to see the Dr yesterday for a referral to Tresillian but their Internet was down and still is though he's not working today anyway. He also did no screening for pnd or anything. So another day to wait. I have booked a private day stay where the mchn comes to your home. She's coming this afternoon so hopefully will be able to help.

Hmm time to get the house sprayed for spiders. One just walked across the nursing pillow :-(.

Our routine is loosely based around
    Up around 6.30-7
    Milk 7
    Solids 8
    Nap 8.30/9. Was getting 45 (90 if I co slept) now 30
    Milk 11
    Solids 12
    Nap 1 was getting 45 now 30-45
    Milk 3
    Nap 4 was getting 2.5 hrs Co sleeping now 1-1.5
    Solids 5.30 then bath etc
    Milk 6.30 then bed.
    Taking us 2 hrs to get him to bed.
    Now wakes 1-2 x overnight when has slept through since almost forever.
    It is also now impossible to transfer him without waking.

Yes SL AJ has a dilated kidney. Just had the 6 month ultrasound. Still there but much improved. Follow up u/s in another 6 months. Hooray some good news! :-)

Phew. Sorry for the novel. I'm off to Co sleep AJ to sleep so I can rest before the mchn comes.

Good luck at Tresillian Nala. Hope it goes well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you get into sleep school soon, when they start self settling and sleeping it really helps your relationship. Having a little freedom to have you time, also you get that nighttime relaxation back with your partner.

It really isn't easy, having a baby has put a strain on our relationship as well. I hope you get the help you need soon, so you can work on your relationship.