Closed Thread
Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg Ivy was awake sooo much last night! Like from 11-1230 and then again 4-630....just quietly playing, well not that quiet but not crying at all! It was hot here so maybe too hot! But honestly it did my head in!! I did feed her at 6 then she went back to sleep at 630 till 730.

Also she seems to be trying to drop her 3rd catnap! Instead she has been doing 2 x 1.5 hour naps. But the second nap finishes round 2ish so that's a long time till bed! I have been bringing bedtime early to 6ish...! I try putting her for the 3rd nap but just fails! Even tried driving which always works but nope!!!

Babies...always a changing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try pushing the 2nd nap out so she doesn't have as long to bed time??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic Ivy and Ella could be the same baby lol, 2x1.5 hrs as well. I have been pushing the second nap out but by 7 she is feral!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. We are trying to persist with a new routine and really try and catch those early signs. I'm not a big fan of cio, that will have to be an absolute last resort for me, though screaming in my arms is just as distressing so who knows. Worked on settling yesterday while dh was home and he did pretty well. Half hour to get down for 2 naps but no real crying. Afternoon nap dh took over after 20 mins but AJ wouldn't have a bar of it and whacked and kicked him till I took over 30 mins or so later. Gave up and took him to bed and we both napped. But far out, putting him to bed was the kicker. Took about an hour when I gave up and cuddled him to sleep, he was down for hour and half but woke when I went to bed and then woke every 45 mins or so for 4 hours. Blurgh! This morning's nap started with half an hour of alternating grizzle and screaming in my arms. He's asleep now and I'm waiting for him to wake at the 45 min mark and hopefully I can resettle. But I'm doing better in myself today so far though I'll still talk to the paed today. We have the appt to discuss his kidney :-).

Those that are dropping the 3rd nap how long are they awake for? AJ is still showing tired after 2 hours. He's still having 3 naps at the moment. 1.5 hrs in morning, 0.5 hrs at lunch and 1.5-2 in the afternoon. Do you think his lunch one will get longer as he starts to drop the last one (I take it that they drop the afternoon one?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivy is awake 3.5-4 hours before bed. Tonight I got her to have the catnap...well it backfired!! She refused to go to bed and only just fell asleep at 830!!! Normally down at 630-7! So I'll be trying to follow her lead and ditch that nap! Steph this is roughly her day ( it's been about 5 days like this)

Up at 7
    Nap at 9 till 10:15/10:30
    Nap at 1 till 2:15/2:30
    Bed @ 6:15 normally no wake ups to which she needs me. Sometimes she will wake at 530 at which point I leave her till 6 then feed and put her back in bed and she normally sleeps another 45 mins to an hour.

Ivy has never had much day sleep...so 2.5-3 hours in total is massive for her. She does consistently have 13.5-15 hours a day and has done this since 3 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic, similar here.
    7 up for feed
    Nap 9 till she wakes - not a long nap.
    Nap 1 till 3 - that's her big one. I make both kids sleep 2 hours at 1. Luckily if they wake they will just chat to themselves!!
    Then no nap till she goes to bed at 6.30ish.
    She is ferral from 5.30.. But she won't take that 3rd nap!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    William will only have the 3rd nap in the pram when we go on our afternoon walk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ella's home routine if I'm lucky it works like this...

Sleeps 7pm - 8.30am (dreamfeed 10pm)
    nap at 10.30am(1.5-2hrs)
    nap at 2.30-3pm (1.5-2hrs)
    awake until 7pm.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol km, yeah that's a killer

Steph, how you going? Has it been any easier the last few nights?

Our routine is

Up 6.30-7
    Nap 9am for 40 mins, if I then rock him I get another 40
    Next nap around 12-1 depending when he got up from previous nap,
    Then next one around 3.30-4
    Bed is 6.30-7 with at least 2 wakes for feeds. He always wakes at 5.30 and I have started bringing him to my bed as he goes back to sleep with me rocking him. Need to make his room darker as the morning sun is getting him up.

We didn't end up going skiing, we went to see a chiro last week about his neck and she advised that 7 hrs in the one position isn't the best and will set back all the work we have put in to him.

Off to tresillian tomorrow to start our residential stay again. Only rang them yesterday to be put on the urgent list and I got the call up today. I'll let you know what the advise on settling and all that.