Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cutey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This constipation is awful! Last night she got one plasticine like poo out and I could see more but she was screaming and wouldn't push, I've been giving water and in last 24 hours given prune juice...but she is just screaming and won't push ;( just gave her a bath...didn't help! Now got coloxyl drops from chemist...so hope they work! She has passed out in my arms....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor Ivy Nic, Ella is the same at the moment. I've been force feeding her water in a syringe, hoping that helps. She has been eating sweet potato and I think that is the problem, I'll try pumpkin again tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor little girls! I hope they get sorted soon XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    My poor monkey is very sad this arvo, his teeth are bothering him 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Poor Ivy is constipated...she was trying to do a poo tonight but she was crying and it came out pretty firm...

She has pears in the morning, just one cube, and then some pumpkin at dinner and she has had avocados.

I am thinking it's the increase in her formula...do I change it or hope things improve?
    Poor ivy! I know the feeling as Orlando had it pretty bad it's just horrible! How long has ivy been on the formula for? We decided that it was the formula that was causing it for Orlando but it didn't kick in until he had been on it for about 2.5-3 wks! We changed the formula and for about a week he was still a little constipated but not too bad he was quite vomity from the new formula but now he is much better

Thanks
    Reviews
    She has been on this formula since 4 weeks old...she has been 75% breast fed & 25% formula since 10 weeks....

She now is 60% formula 40% breast .... So my gut instinct is telling me it's not the formula...what do you ladies think? Wouldn't it have affected her before now?

I know it's not the pear as she has been on that for weeks...I'm thinking it was too much solids too soon. Also maybe it was the avocardo.

I had to give suppository last night, got out 2 pretty hard lumps but there must still be a fair bit in there as she is still unsettled and I couldn't even get her to have a 30 min nap this morning! Now been 9 days since a proper poo...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm I wouldn't think it would be the formula since you've been on it for so long... Which one is it? Maybe though?? I'm only guessing, I wouldn't have thought it would be avocado since its naturally full of oil?? Who knows though... It's had to say Hun, have you been to the doctor with her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea that's what I thought re the avocardo...who knows. The only other things she has had are pear and pumpkin...so suppose it could be those, or maybe it's just the change in general!

It's Karicare gold formula....

Yep been to doc, but found it a little useless. Constipation is one of those things where they just say 'wait it out' grr!!

They gave suppository script, I gave her another one this afternoon and finally after 5 big hard lumps came some soft stuff! I'm going to just wait a week before introducing more foods, just going to stick with the formula and pear and see if she stays regular and soft. I'll also be sure to syringe water into her daily and add extra up formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try the normal Karicare, the gold usually means extra iron & can cause constipation, maybe increasing it has given her too much iron for her body??

We use the normal Karicare & it's been great, to swap do it gradually over a couple of days to get her body on board with the change, so every second formula feed for a couple of days... Might be worth a try??