Page 32 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope you have a good night tonight Nic XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Amy....got her to take 800 ml today from 715am to 7pm over 4 feeds so that's a start....

I'll see what happens hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Thanks Amy....got her to take 800 ml today from 715am to 7pm over 4 feeds so that's a start....

I'll see what happens hey!
    Good work :-) its so hard being a Mum isn't it... They are all different & you gave to work at everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep best and worst job all in one! Love her laughs and cute looks (still no chatting, hopefully it will come again soon) but its hard doing the tough love, but also necessary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Km wow what an effort she is rolling in her brace!!! As soon as Orlando had rolled both ways I stopped swaddling him and moved him into his cot.

Amy - 1st tooth yay! I don't think Orlando is too far off. A girl at mothers group who's son was born the same day as Orlando has his two bottom teeth already! Crazy!

Nic - big hugs lovely sounds like you're having a rough trot. Definitely reasonable to consider bottle feeding. When I had that week of exclusively expressing it was probably the first week I had some sort of predictability in our day. Then I didn't have enough milk and started mix feeding adding formula into the equation. I was practically in tears at the paediatricians office as I wanted to BF until 6 months exclusively. He said that up to 4 months is when thy benefit more from breastmilk - he said 6 months is old information whatever that means. Anyway he told me that 4 months is a fantastic effort and so for you 5 months is an even more fantastic effort and you should be proud! It has taken 3 weeks and I started on 4 x EBM feeds, 1 x breast feed and 1 x formula and now we're on 4 x formula and 1 x EBM and the 4am breast feed which is starting to drop off too, that's how much my milk supply has dropped! Actually not bothered as I think his tummy will be better when he's solely on formula.

As for sleep I'm pretty much getting the cat nap and 2 hours in the afternoon (having to resettle at least once). Our evening routine is going well but the morning is just a disaster! Cannot get that two hours...still working on it!

Orlandos going great guns with his solids - he's now had rice cereal, carrot, sweet potato, zucchini, broccoli, pumpkin, pear, cauliflower and we're on apple at the moment. His least favourite has been cauliflower so far!

Still having problems pooing though although not as bad. I stopped giving rice cereal and changed his formula and I think he may have improved. It's hard to explain its like he struggles to poo but then it's not hard or anything! When he's winging throughout the day I think it's his tummy but then he did a small poo this morning and has been winging so now I think it's teething! Hmm,..always something! I think it's just his little gut adjusting to having less breastmilk and more formula plus solids plus he still has reflux!

Sorry for essay girls just realised I was still typing haha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah SL so hard to know what's up with them isn't it.

For those that use sleeping bags are you also using several blankets on top?h friend sent me the Tizzie bedding guide and it says to have 2.5 tog bag with 5 blankets on top! Currently I dress ivy in long sleeve singlet, wondersuit, 2.5 grow bag and a doubled over blanket with Saturn edges as its her 'comforter' she sucks on it.

It's between 17-18 degrees in her room at night....should I add more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Night 1 (well really 2) kinda started this the night before. She woke at 1230...fed her. Then woke at 330...she cried for 5 mins and back to sleep. Woke again at 515...cried 15 mins back to sleep, now 7:10am and still asleep... I'll wake her at 730. So only one feed which is my aim! Also now have deal with DH, if she wakes before 1230 it's his duty, after 1230 it's mine....

Still some way to go, but I'll take the small win!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a look on the Sleep store website, they recommend, 2.5 grobag to be used instead of blankets. We have the room at about 18-20c. Bray is in a singlet, a long sleeve singlet, a onsie and the grobag.

http://www.thesleepstore.com.au/cont...grobagtog.html

I have the heater on low to take the chill off the air and before I go to bed I will put a blanket folded over him on chilly nights I will put 2 on.

He was sleeping on his side, but now I am placing him back on his back as he has been wetting thru his nappy up to 3 times a night and he keeps waking up and need a full change! its been a nightmare! So he is back on his back, but I am finding that he waking to move onto his back, and as he can't roll over is getting frustrated and waking himself up. So now the blankets are to strap him in!

Nic, So you know you are not alone, we are doing the same thing as he was getting into a habit of waking 3-4 times a night (wet) and I would feed him back to sleep. Now we are down to sleep by 7, if he wakes before 12 I just tap him back to sleep. He gets one feed a night usually around 1 or 2. He wakes at 5 but we have just been leaving him. If he breaks into a emotional cry I tap him, grizzle we leave him. First night we did it he was up at 3, 4 and 5, had to tap him back on all 3. Last night he woke at 5 and managed to put himself back to sleep! Success!!

Day sleeps I was advised 1.5hr nap in the morning and at lunch with a 40 min nap in the afternoon. So yesterday I tapped him most of the morning nap second cycle and today I have been in twice for 10 mins and its been 1.5 hrs now so he will be up any second. Hopefully he will start to learn to do it by himself!

SL, we are back with you on the constipation front! I don't know if its the baby porridge or formula based, though he only has 1 bottle a day, so not even sure that this will effect him? meeh how knows??!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A big 6 months and a big 9.4kgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1375230453.795672.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Ah SL so hard to know what's up with them isn't it.

For those that use sleeping bags are you also using several blankets on top?h friend sent me the Tizzie bedding guide and it says to have 2.5 tog bag with 5 blankets on top! Currently I dress ivy in long sleeve singlet, wondersuit, 2.5 grow bag and a doubled over blanket with Saturn edges as its her 'comforter' she sucks on it.

It's between 17-18 degrees in her room at night....should I add more?
    That's insane!!! Orlandos room is the same around 17-18. He wears a vest singlet and long sleeved grosuit. His sleeping bag is 2.5 tog and I only put one blanket on top just to tuck him in so he's more secure!