Closed Thread
Page 31 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately at the moment no one I can leave her with as my mum is very sick I just wish I knew what was up with her. Tonight it took 1 hour 15 mins to settle. It's unheard of....

I do feed her in a quiet room, I can't even move when I feed her or she comes off, but its just not practical when I'm out etc.

Thanks Crafty, I do think its best for both of us, I'll do it slowly, replacing one feed every few days. I'm a bit sad about it, but also look forward to having my body back...if that's the right way to put it.

That's great Ella is rolling, ivy is lazy on the rolling!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    http://www.mannlymama.com/2012/12/wo...ep-regression/

Not sure if I've posted this before... Worth a read though Nic, even just for a laugh,..

Bottle feeding is amazing for control as you really know what they are feeding... You've done so well to get to here, I believe happy mum is just as important so do what is going to make you happiest XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea I've read it does make me laugh.

I think I just feel a little defeated at the moment, I have tried really hard to do it 'right'...haven't fed to sleep, taught her how to self settle, don't feed her everything she wakes, have a very consistent routine, stay home to make sure she gets her naps in her cot and I just feel like its not working out ;( but when I don't stick to the routine she has its worse, she is a horrid over tired child.

Like I said just overwhelmed and sick of the unpredictableness (not even a word) of my day.

I am on get tired signs like a hawk....I always put her down at the right time (especially for the first nap) and some days she goes in the cot awake and others like today she cracks an absolute fruity and will cry and cry (for 30+ mins) until I rock her....I just don't get it!!! It's not even a wonder week!!!

Anyway this will pass

Thanks
    Reviews
    Their hard aren't they nic. Especially when you want them to do one thing and they fight it and constantly change. Do what's right for you re the breast feeding. I get what you mean about Ivy being so distracted but not to the extent your going thru, at least if she is FF you know she is getting what she needs and they drink so much quicker from a bottle! BF is hard and time consuming. As for settling, I was on the phone to tricilian today, maybe give them a buzz? The lady I spoke to was very helpful and understanding.

Are you in syd nic?

Km, that is one hell of an achievement!! Time to take her our if the angel wings, if is any help, we've been in sleeping bags for a while and still can't roll in it, though he tries his hardest!
    Last edited by Nala9000; 29-07-2013 at 22:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Adel Nala, appreciate your understanding

I may call them tomorrow....if she continues to be painful to settle. Normally it takes between 1-5 mins to settle her so I don't know what's up these last few days. In her room, in sleeping bag, blinds shut, sing a song and then down she goes either drowsy or awake but calm....ah well...I'm going to try and get a bit of sleep...thanks girls xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic maybe she is starting to teeth.

I hope you feel better soon, it's not easy being a mum 24/7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will had been off too Nic. I think it's teeth so I have been putting some curash teething ointment on every 3-4 hours and its seems to be helping a bit. It's so hard when you have no one to help out and give you a rest. Would love to help if I was there, want a holiday to Cairns lol. Hope your mum feels better soon.

Wow Km that's awesome she is a little tropper. I have had Will in a sleeping bag from just over 1 month old and in the last few months have been putting him to sleep at night between some wedges that stop them rolling. I don't during the day cause I check him all the time. He hasn't rolled over with it yet but he can shimmy himself up the cot and out of it so not sure how long it will be any good for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night she woke at 2, we fed her she went straight back to sleep. Woke at 5 wanting to be fed, we didn't feed, she moaned for 50 mins...woke at 740.

I call tresselian (or how ever it's spelt) they said the same as what they said to SL... 2 x 2 hour naps and a catnap. So today I have been very firm, it's very hard. I don't sit with her to resettle, once she wakes after 30 mins I give her 10 mins to resettle then I go in and tuck her back in and tell her it's time for a nap and walk out. And repeat as many times as it takes, if she hasn't gone back to sleep by 1.5 hours I get her up. As in. 1.5 total hours, so that includes the first half hour. It's very difficult and I cry as much as her! First nap after 45 mins she went back to sleep for another half hour, second nap she went back to sleep after half hour and a lot less grizzling.

plan for tonight is feed at 11 and that's it, no more till morning. I'm in for a very hard few days, but I am hoping we both come out the other side eating better and sleeping better....I hope I'm strong enough to see it through!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG my little boy is getting his first tooth, I felt something in his mouth this arvo & had a look & can see a little slit where is coming through!! So proud lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow Amy how exciting