Page 30 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep tried both, she likes them better than veg, I'll just take it slow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a horrible week we've had! Orlando has been so constipated and its just not clearing up the poor little fella . It started when I started him on pumpkin for his three days last week and I was convinced it was that but then it was out of his system so turned out not to be. My SIL suggested it could've been a build up of the rice cereal so I stopped giving him that...no luck after a few days...gave him pear for the 3 days following pumpkin which didn't work either. A girl at mothers group suggested it could be formula which sounded likely so we switched and have been on the new one since Saturday and he's still got a sore tummy! Hopefully it settles down soon. He's done a couple of poos but is really straining to get them out and he's doing lots of farts. Last night I was up every hour or so resettling him! It could also be a combo of formula and breast milk my milk supply is quickly going down unfortunately and I'm now down to only one breast feed one EBM feed and 4 formula feeds. Any thoughts ladies? I've been giving him gripe water too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try Coloxyl. You get if from the chemist, will clean him out then I reckon stop the rice cereal and we are in infant cereal and he is now going every 2 days fingers crossed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh SL sounds horrible, is his poo hard when it finally comes out?

I'm very close to making the decision to stop breast feeding. My reasoning... Because its soooo time consuming and she is taking all her food at night which without me 'knowing' how much she is taking I feel bad not feeding her.

I expressed for 2 days...

She took 950ml both days, but she took 600 of that from 7pm to 5am

So last feed was 7 - 230ml
    Feed at 11am 230ml
    Feed at 5am 150ml

Other 3 feeds in the day were only 100ml!!!

So she is very capable of taking a big amount and I want it to be in the day....

The day before she took more in the day. I just feel by bottle feeding I will have a better handle on it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I still expect to feed at night, but I just think its best she gets used to eating the majority if her calories in daylight hours not the other way round...,do you ladies think that's reasonable at 5 months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is Ivy getting distracted during the day Nic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Is Ivy getting distracted during the day Nic?
    Yes....but with the bottle it's much easier. My patience is just really being tested at the moment, poor little Ivy I don't know what's up with her but she just isn't herself. Is it teething, constipation, tiredness or just a phase I have no idea but she is hard to be around, hard to settle and just generally a little off....

we just have a lot of little challenges at the moment like solids, breast feeding, night waking, inconsistent naps and they are just all adding up and making the days difficult

sorry up be a Debbie downer, I'm just mentally exhausted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have family/friends you can leave Ivy with for a day a week? You do sound tired, hope things improve for you both. I have a mum at mothers group who has the same issue, little boy who is distracted during the day. MCHN suggested feeding in a quiet dark room during the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ella has worked out how to roll in her brace! Now I'm nervous to swaddle her in her angel arms swaddle

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think 5 months of breast feeding is a great effort Nic, it's not an easy thing to do so I think you have done a great job and shouldn't feel bad if it will make life a bit easier for you. Ivy needs you to be at your best so you need to take that I to account t as well and if that's what will help then don't feel bad.
    We are struggling with the solids too. Some days are good and some are bad with no interest at all. All bubs are different I guess.

Wow LM that is a fair effort. Zoe is lazy on rolling as it is so to do it in a brace is one cheeky munchkin! I'm not sure what to do with the swaddling issue. It is worrying though.