Closed Thread
Page 23 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nic, sounds like you and I are in the same boat with our bubs! So frustrating!! I'm trying your CIO today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah Adden go for it! Your mums coming I'm sure you will be fine and your a seasoned traveller!

I appreciate that you know what I mean re the catnapping! Sometimes it just does my head in, ESP when I know she is tired!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nala I'm pretty close to CIO...actually I have done it on occasion but not consistently!

How much is Braydon sleeping at night? Ivy last night went to bed at 630, got up at 10 for 15 min feed (that's a full feed) got up at 4 for full feed then woke at 730....so 12+ hours if sleep!

For me I reckon I'm gonna try the lunch nap....I'm gonna consistently leave her there for 1 hour every day. She will sleep half hour of it and can cry the second half hour. Apparently it can take a week or so. I don't and won't even go in....

My little crazy head is back in bed again now after only 1 hour 30 mins awake where as every other day she has been up 2 hours! Some people suggest we get them into a routine, so up at 7, nap at 9, 12 & 4....and leave them for an hour each nap, I just worry she wil get overtired!

How many naps is Braydon having? Last few days Ivy is having 3 naps.

I'm torn on of I implement a routine and CIO for naps or just CIO and also if I to a routine do I wake her in the morning...ahhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are sleeping from 7-7 with 2 wake ups, though the one at 5 I think is just a comfort one but he feeds and then doesn't eat well at 7.

Day sleeps are 40 mins and we have 3 a day, maybe a forth but often not. Typically we nap at 9, around 11.30-12 and 2. But he gets so grumpy around the afternoon and super clingy. Think ill try the lunch time nap too, he generally wakes up semi happy from this sleep.

Gosh it's confusing, I've never doubted myself so much being a mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dam I just wrote massive response and it got lost!!

Nala maybe in the morning don't feed him until 8....then he might be a little more hungry. I have the same prob with Ivy is she wakes at 5, do I just hold off her first feed.

Ivy wakes happy from the morning nap, it's the lunch time nap she wakes grumpy from! I'm annoyed cause 3-4 days a week she has a 1.5 hour morning nap, then the other days she does 30 mins!! Why....

This morning she has had a 1 hour 10 min nap...go figure! Might be the hail and rain which woke her early. Either way she needs more day sleep as she is also clingy and grumpy in the afternoon. She wakes from her last nap around 330-4 and goes to be 630-7...it's too long awake! ESP when they only sleep 30 mins

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's he doing when you try to pat him Nala?

I ask cause I had this issue with ds1 and again this time with William and since persevering last week he is having great day sleeps ( touch wood). He had a 1 hr one this morning ( would have been longer if we were home, and a 2 and a half one this afternoon. I had to go pat him at the 1.5 hour mark for about 5 min.

Think it's great your mum can holiday and help you Adden, am sure you will have a great time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well CIO i am not doing again! I left him for 25 mins, poor little thing was screaming his head off, tears and when I did pick him up it took another 10mins to settle him in my arms. Broke my heart. We had nice cuddles for the rest of the afternoon I felt so bad.

Dragon he cries hard when he sees me, but in hind sight that his how we got him to self settle at night so will keep persevering with tapping and no eye contact. Will go when his been asleep for 30 mins and tap away. Try that for a few weeks and hopefully it will work.

Adden, holiday will be awesome, especially with another set of hands, you'll be able to relax a little more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try rolling him on his side so he is facing away from you. Hold him firm with 1 hand up on his shoulders so he can't roll back or turn to see you. Will only fought it for a bit but it paid off and was way nicer and easier than having him crying and upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and does he have a comforter? I have just started giving him a muslin to sleep with during the day. He holds it by his face and cuddles it the whole time. I check regularly to make sure it's not covering his face or could obstruct his breathing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like we have so many cat nappers and or bubs that can't resettle.

Nala I'm aiming for 2 hours in the morning and afternoon with a cat nap around lunchtime. I usually have to resettle him once in the afternoon one but the morning one is a nightmare still and I'm resettling for 40-50 mins out of the 2 hours...it's gotta be done though. His longest stint awake is probably 2 hours. MCHN said a good guide was 2 hours sleep 2 hours awake etc