Closed Thread
Page 22 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I mean for day naps! I have had it today, she is tired and I put her down exactly when she shows signs, I stay home, she self settles, I follow a nap routine...it's just not fair! I let her grizzle for 20 mins after waking ahhh what more can I do! I can't pat it doesn't work why some days does she have 1.5 hour morning naps and other stupid 30-45 min naps! I'm tired and frustrated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    This is a vent....WHY CAN'T I HAVE A BABY WHO I CAN RESETTLE! Grr!
    Lol awww **hugs** I am in the same boat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I mean for day naps! I have had it today, she is tired and I put her down exactly when she shows signs, I stay home, she self settles, I follow a nap routine...it's just not fair! I let her grizzle for 20 mins after waking ahhh what more can I do! I can't pat it doesn't work why some days does she have 1.5 hour morning naps and other stupid 30-45 min naps! I'm tired and frustrated
    Sorry nicsta sounds like you're doing an amazing job she's just a cheeky little monkey like my Orlando. I can't pat him back to sleep either I have to pick him up and rock him. It's so hard but I guess I'm used to it now. Once he's used to his cot as he's only been in it a few days I'm going to start trying the whole self settle thing but at the moment he wakes up and winges which I can either go and pick him up straight away or wait until he's upset then go pick him up - those are the only 2 options. I have to rock him back to sleep and he has to be fully asleep or else he will startle when I put him down, open his eyes and be wide awake again. Sometimes I can put the dummy in and leave the room but most times I have to pick him up. It is frustrating and does get to me at times but honestly whilst I'm rocking him I just think about all the things we went through to get him I think about our time that we've had together so far and how much I love him and think about how much fun stuff we have ahead in the future. I think about this whilst rocking and singing and then he's back to sleep. Last night was a shocker and he was up from 3am-5.30am then up again just after 6 and then up for the day just after 7 - now I'm venting lol!!! He had a sore tummy I think maybe from the pumpkin not sure i have a feeling tonight will be the same too...fingers crossed it won't be. I was just thinking about dropping feeds and since I started solids he's dropped the 9/10pm feed. Hopefully the next feed to go will be the 4am one - I'd be happy with getting up only once!

Must sleep whilst baby is sleeping and get off my phone!

Night night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah SL it's not easy is it....sounds like a lot of rocking. I can't even rock Ivy back to sleep...she just cracks a fruity

Now one more question re solids when do I offer....straight after feed, 1 hour after feed? Before feed? I have been doing it 1 hour after morning feed....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all that info on solids, it's so helpful, I'm confused about how much to give and the book I bought is still on first tastes for another week so will stick to that and start working up to tablespoon amounts. I have started weaning him off one bf feed a day, so he is getting half bf and half formula at the moment, hoping by the end if the week it will be a full bottle of formula

Funnily enough stephiew and I are meeting up on Thursday if any of you Sydney gals want to join us. We're in out norwest way so if your keen let me know. Or we could arrange another at a more suitable location if anyone is interested.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374408070.380038.jpg

A little bit unsure of the jolly jumper!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adden, Ella is a cutie! So much hair!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

adden  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there Nic. It sux these cat naps! I hate them!! I have no advice, but just wanted to offer hugs.

Now I'm the crazy one.
    Remember I said dh was going to America?? Well, he talked me into going too! I'm taking my mum (to help with ds while dh is at a week long workshop) but am I insane???????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah SL it's not easy is it....sounds like a lot of rocking. I can't even rock Ivy back to sleep...she just cracks a fruity

Now one more question re solids when do I offer....straight after feed, 1 hour after feed? Before feed? I have been doing it 1 hour after morning feed....
    Oh no poor ivy I hope she settles down soon.

I read to give bubs normal feed first. Also to feed the solids before they are due for a sleep. I give solids anywhere from 5-30 mins after a feed. I guess it doesn't matter how long after but the main thing is that they have their normal milk feed before any food as that's their source of nutrition

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Hang in there Nic. It sux these cat naps! I hate them!! I have no advice, but just wanted to offer hugs.

Now I'm the crazy one.
    Remember I said dh was going to America?? Well, he talked me into going too! I'm taking my mum (to help with ds while dh is at a week long workshop) but am I insane???????
    Lol you're not insane - go for it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guys I'm in a mess with sleep times, Braydon isn't getting enough sleep and I'm going to CIO so he sleeps 2 cycles, I'm very nervous but it has to be done, tapping isn't working or is rocking.

Should I be doing this on his morning nap or make his lunch one the long one? Or once he learns to do 2 cycles he will decide where he needs more sleep? Or do I do both?