Closed Thread
Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Let us know how you go with the cup SL!

I am in Epping.

So with the solids, do u cut back some f the milk u offer or let them drink the same amount of milk still? Also do u offer the solids straight away or wait an hour or so?

Sounds like a good book SL, that info u gave was really helpful.

I tried yoghurt yesterday dragon even tho it said for 6 months and it was a much bigger hit than anything else. In worried now though about the whole sweet tooth thing lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Google 5 month routine tizzie hall crafty. Good basic guideline. They should be having the same amount of milk , solids just top them up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    God I hate solids!! Today I reckon she took one spoon of pear/apple combined but it's not like she opens her mouth for it, but as same time doesn't spit it out! Then we were eating breaky with friends and there was cut up fruit on the table...banana and strawberry and she grabbed it and ate the slice of banana... WTF! I was shocked and freaked out she would choke! But she didnt....

Anyway I'm gonna try the pear/ apple again tomorrow then ill get into veggies I suppose, just seems a waste when she has one tiny teaspoon. In thinking of leaving it and trying again in a few weeks but at same time want to persevere as she needs to learn....hmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Then I think maybe she is one of those babies who wants to feed herself....wouldn't surprise me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like she is ready Nic!

For a few days, Ella hasn't wanted to eat. Well I thought she had a sore throat as she had a cold. Turns out she didn't want to eat vegetables and will only eat apples, pears & banana. She clamps her mouth shut when she doesn't like something, oh great....

To the Melbourne girls I'm in Lilydale, I'm happy to meet anywhere. Are there anymore Melbourne girls? I think Beta was a Melbourne girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same here Nic, I'm feeling overwhelmed over something I think should be relatively easy!

That's so funny about the banana, well funny now she didn't choke I mean!

I agree too with it being so much for them to eat a tiny spoon full

Can I ask how stict it is with the only doing one food at a time? It seems so much effort to purée from scratch for the tiny amount, once she is fully into it I won't mind so I'd rather use the packaged stuff for a bit (sounds lazy I know) but nearly everything is a combined flavour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Let us know how you go with the cup SL!

I am in Epping.

So with the solids, do u cut back some f the milk u offer or let them drink the same amount of milk still? Also do u offer the solids straight away or wait an hour or so?

Sounds like a good book SL, that info u gave was really helpful.

I tried yoghurt yesterday dragon even tho it said for 6 months and it was a much bigger hit than anything else. In worried now though about the whole sweet tooth thing lol
    Walked up to woolworths and the chemist...still no cup! They have one explora one but its not the one I want! Didnt make it to baby bunting but I'm sure they will have it there.

I give a full feed of milk first (he's dropped one feed a day now down to 6 feeds). Depending on how tired he is after his bottle I either give it to him straight away (after I prepare it) or if he's still not too tired I wait maybe 15-20 mins. It is a good book can't speak highly enough...would make a great gift for a new mum too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Same here Nic, I'm feeling overwhelmed over something I think should be relatively easy!

That's so funny about the banana, well funny now she didn't choke I mean!

I agree too with it being so much for them to eat a tiny spoon full

Can I ask how stict it is with the only doing one food at a time? It seems so much effort to purée from scratch for the tiny amount, once she is fully into it I won't mind so I'd rather use the packaged stuff for a bit (sounds lazy I know) but nearly everything is a combined flavour.
    I use happy baby food cubes...make a batch and freeze them then pop out two cubes per serving (4 tbsp). I use a microwave steamer and a stick blender and it doesn't take long at all. Now I have stock in the freezer so once I finish going through all the foods I have the frozen cubes I can just mix and match

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so melbourne girls we have Epping, lilydale and I'm in mentone....looks like the city would be the median point...

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a vent....WHY CAN'T I HAVE A BABY WHO I CAN RESETTLE! Grr!