Closed Thread
Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nic how many weeks is Ivy now? Ella was waking up every hour when she was 19-20 weeks. She was waking every 2-3hrs then after a few days went to every 2hrs then every 1hr.

I thought it was a growth spurt so I was feeding her when she woke, I then realised after four days or so waking had become a habit.

I telephoned the mchn hotline and they said it could be a growth spurt turned into a habit or the sleep regression associated with her age (apparently their sleep cycles change again at 4-5months old.

I was told to ignore her crying unless she was emotional crying. It worked, really hard not to go to her though...

Crafty my MCHN organised my Mothersgroup, don't you have one Crafty? I really think maybe the Melbourne girls should met up...

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is 20 weeks tomorrow . She 'was' having a growth spurt cause she was eating heaps when she woke....but these wake ups she doesn't even want to feed.

Ill keep the advice in mind how quickly habits can form hey!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    I've tried 2 targets in my area and no...
    If you post a pic I can keep an eye out and post you one if I see it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crafty I read you start by giving 1 feed a day the next week 2 and 3 the third week. Start off with a teaspoon and increase as they want it. William has taken to food way to easy I think. He has 3 pretty big feeds a day as well as boob and water. Now I seem to have his day sleeps under control ( touch wood ) he is pretty close to the tizzie hall save our sleep routine for a 5 month old.

I mix heaps of vegies and meat as well. He also has been having puréed fruit or yogurt ( says from 6 months but he is eating his food pretty thick already so I though it can't hurt).

All you Melbourne chicks should meet up. Wish we all could, it would be great to meet all you fab supportive ladies in person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ella at her dedication yesterday ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374361231.756684.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374361244.689031.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374361343.689504.jpg
    We had 2 outfit changes. The Amish looking one is a 4th generation christening gown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    What's that book called again SL?

I'd be lucky to get ivy to take a teaspoon...but early days! How things change look at us all at home on sat night on bubhub
    Haha yes can't remember the last time I was out on a Saturday night!

The book is called Food Babies Love - only available to buy online through their website - www.foodbabieslove.com.au

If you type in the promo code 'feedme' it should give you $10 off so it will work out to $40 delivered

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    I am in Melbourne SL. My mothers group through the health nurse was an odd mix of ladies. A lot dropped off after 2 groups so there were only a few of us left, one being a friend of mine from before there! At times it was a bit uncomfortable as a couple of the mums were quite judgemental as 3 of us weren't breast feeding?!

Dragon, I've been giving Zoe solids for about a week now. She is having maybe a couple of teaspoons twice a day? I'm actually feeling a bit overwhelmed at the solids feeding as Im so confused!

If u still can't find one of the cups SL, let me know exactly which one it is and I'm happy to grab one for you and post it of it is te same one I picked up.

We are all ragers now aren't we Nic!!
    Thanks Crafty it's the closer to nature explora first sips cup in blue. I think thy have it at baby bunting though so I'm headed there this afternoon hopefully they have it in stock!

That sucks that people can be so judgemental! I've missed a few of the mothers groups but every time I've been there has been at least 7-8 mums and bubs and all pretty good and friendly. Where abouts in Melbourne are you?

The solids thing confused me too which is why I told DH to get me that book. I saw it at the expo and I must say it has been so helpful and made my life easier!! The main things were:

- it can take up to 10 offerings of a food for them to take it / like it so don't despair!

- if they are not interested at all or continuously spit out then wait another week and try again

- started out on 1 teaspoon at lunch, 2 on the 2nd day, 3 on the 3rd day and 4 on the 4th day. It says that once baby can eat a tablespoon (4 teaspoons) then they are ready for the second meal. I went at babys pace so for example if Orlando hasn't eaten two teaspoons I would offer two again the next day until he ate it (didn't have this issue with my little piglet though hehe)

- started out with rice cereal for 4-5 days then moved on to carrot for 3 days, sweet potato for 3 days, zucchini for 3 days , broccoli for 3 days and I started pumpkin yesterday - each serving is mixed with a small amount of rice cereal so they have a familiar taste in there

- don't give too much fruit at the start just concentrate on veggies as they could develop sweet tooth (I haven't given Orlando any fruit yet and he's been eating for 2 weeks)

Basically it's just a really simple book with a basic guide to help you and has all the recipes for the purées including little tips on how to prepare each food they can have in the first month of eating. Then the rest of the book which I haven't even browsed through yet is recipes for older babies, toddlers, young kids and I just highly recommend it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    If you post a pic I can keep an eye out and post you one if I see it.
    Thanks dragon I'm going to baby bunting this afternoon hopefully they are in stock there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Ella at her dedication yesterday Attachment 39578Attachment 39579
    Attachment 39580
    We had 2 outfit changes. The Amish looking one is a 4th generation christening gown.
    Amish looking one LOL! So nice to have a generational gown she looks gorgeous what a special day and I love her hair so much!! We did 2 outfit changes for Orlando too as he wore his little satin romper for the church that belongs to his cousins and changed for the reception

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

adden  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So how many of you are in Melbourne and whereabouts?