Closed Thread
Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My MCHN also said to start water with solids, she also said to start from 4 months if ready as the guidelines have been changed in regards to food allergies. Ella is breast feed first, then solids then I offer her water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    If anyone needs to buy a sippy cup I bought the Closer to Nature one (4 month +), its very light, small and easy to hold all the other cups I looked at we're heavy and bulky. I found it at Target
    That's the one I'm trying to get my hands on...been to about 4 places that stock closer to nature and they were all out of the blue ones and I didn't want to get pink lol!! Still on the hunt as I want to give Orlando water with his food

Thanks
    Reviews
    The dietician i saw about starting solids recommended the cheap $2 sippy cup from Kmart. It has a removable valve which you need to take off to make it sippy otherwise it's sucky :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm a little confused on the solids stuff! Ivy so far doesn't seem to like it...only been 2 days and only rice cereal...

Do you warm the rice cereal? How do I offer water, just give her the sippy cup and hope she takes the water? I have only given ivy solids twice and both times it was cold so maybe ill warm it? I reckon she only took 1 teaspoon and today over the next hour vomited it up!

I will persevere as she needs to learn and I think just cause it's new that she isn't liking it, also maybe due to the coldness

Resettling.... What a topic! Apparently babies between 3 & 6 months often catnap...as I know Ivy does also catnap however we get 1 good nap a day, so normally 1 x 1.5 nap & 2 x 45 min naps. She has only just gone to the 3 naps, she was 4, and still is if for some reason she doesn't have one long one. To get ivy to have that long nap I had to let her CIO...if I go in and resettle she is wide awake and it's a disaster! Ivy sleeps 11-11.5 hours at night (1 or 2 feeds) then approx 2.5-3 in the day, total 14-14.5 and she is a very content bub on that amount if sleep. I saw in Hawaii what less sleep does to her and its not pretty!!! She is staying awake just this week 1.75-2.25 hours... It's great, I love more awake time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that 11-11.5 is without feeds, in total she is in bed 12-12.5 hours overnight. Normally 7pm-7:30am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic Ivy sounds just like Ella in regards to her awake times and sleeping patterns.

Maybe try Ivy with something else rather than Rice Cereal, Ella hated Rice Cereal. I don't think it would taste very nice. Ella liked pureed Pumpkin, Carrot, Apples & Pears (all steamed in microwave, blended with a little water so it was not thick)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KM, ill try rice cereal again tomorrow but mix in some apple

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does the stormy weather upset anyone's bubs sleep? It's stormy here tonight and ivy has woken a couple of times....and she doesn't want to be fed. She put herself back to sleep after 15 mins but then woke again 10 mins later, now asleep again! Just wondering if its the crazy rain....I think ill have to put it down to that!

Besides Hawaii she hadn't really ever woken and not wanted to feed....suppose it could be pain or something to do with the solids, although I give it in the morning so I wouldn't think so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    So I'm a little confused on the solids stuff! Ivy so far doesn't seem to like it...only been 2 days and only rice cereal...

Do you warm the rice cereal? How do I offer water, just give her the sippy cup and hope she takes the water? I have only given ivy solids twice and both times it was cold so maybe ill warm it? I reckon she only took 1 teaspoon and today over the next hour vomited it up!

I will persevere as she needs to learn and I think just cause it's new that she isn't liking it, also maybe due to the coldness

Resettling.... What a topic! Apparently babies between 3 & 6 months often catnap...as I know Ivy does also catnap however we get 1 good nap a day, so normally 1 x 1.5 nap & 2 x 45 min naps. She has only just gone to the 3 naps, she was 4, and still is if for some reason she doesn't have one long one. To get ivy to have that long nap I had to let her CIO...if I go in and resettle she is wide awake and it's a disaster! Ivy sleeps 11-11.5 hours at night (1 or 2 feeds) then approx 2.5-3 in the day, total 14-14.5 and she is a very content bub on that amount if sleep. I saw in Hawaii what less sleep does to her and its not pretty!!! She is staying awake just this week 1.75-2.25 hours... It's great, I love more awake time
    It can take up to ten tries for a baby to like the food so persevere! With regards to the temp I have a spoon which changes colour when the food is too hot for baby and the right temp always seems to be very mildly warm. I think Orlando actually prefers it a bit colder. I am using food cubes so just take out a couple of cubes and blast them in the microwave for 30 seconds to defrost them then mix in some rice cereal I prepared with breastmilk from the fridge.

After Orlando had ha scare at hospital where he was really dehydrated we made sure it didn't happen again and started giving him water through a syringe every day a couple of times. He didn't like the water through a bottle. He's been on solids for 2 weeks now and I always give milk first then food and haven't been giving him water at all but like I said in earlier post I'm trying to get my mitts on one of those closer to nature explora soppy cups for the reasons she suggested - it's got really bulky handles plus its the same shape as his current bottles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chirnside Target has them SL, surely a target near you has them