Closed Thread
Page 16 of 97 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did anyone see 60 minutes last night? They showed an interview of the woman who killed her daughter keisha - the one that she reported missing? It was quite disturbing hearing her confess to what her and her partner did. I won't go into details but it started out as the little girl hitting her head on the bed...then she went 'funny'. I just don't understand why you wouldn't just call an ambulance??!!! It makes me feel so sad to think that there are parents out there obviously don't feel that immense love for their babies and are obviously in seriously bad mental states! Breaks my heart and the confession freaked me out but just makes me feel so blessed to feel the love I have for Orlando and know that he's in safe hands and we would do anything to keep him healthy and happy! Vent over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been giving Will blended pair by itself after his vegies. He went 3-4 days when I first put him on solids which I think is just their little bodies adjusting.

I have been really focused on trying to settle Will this week. He too has only been doing 1 cycle during the day ( night has been good only waking once).

So Monday I went in at 25min and patted and shushed him and he managed an extra 25min. ( I was there the whole time).

On Tuesday I went in at 25 minute mark again and just patted him off and on and he got in an hour and 15 minutes.

On Wednesday I went in at the 30 minute mark and just patted him when he stirred and left when he settled. Settled him 3 times but he got 2 hours and 20min.

Yesterday I had to go get Dh so put him in the car at the 30min mark and he slept for almost on other 2 hours.

The last 2 days I have been giving him a Muslim wrap to hold onto to which seems to comfort him. When he stirs I go in and quickly roll him on his side away from me, have 1 hand on his shoulder firm which stops him being able to roll back and the other hand pats his bottom ( pretty firm).

Sorry for the essay just though those in the same boat might like to see that it can pay off. Now tackling morning sleep, so far it's been 40 min am ready for him to start stirring soon.

Sl I feel exactly the same. Feel so bad for babies and kids that have to deal with so much pain. Want to save them all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure you are giving your bubs water with meals... They need it when they are eating things like rice cereal... Pears also help... But it's really important to start water with food :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragon thanks for all the detail, going to organise my week next week so that we are home for all naps and try and help him to sleep thru another cycle. I think he needs it.

I love giving Braydon water, he gets this huge look of surprise out of the sippy cup, its hilarious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone needs to buy a sippy cup I bought the Closer to Nature one (4 month +), its very light, small and easy to hold all the other cups I looked at we're heavy and bulky. I found it at Target

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amy!
    Don't want to disagree with you, but had to look it up cause I was sure I wasn't meant to give water to breast fed babies. I found this..
    http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starti...ds/baby-water/
    When they hit 6 months I think you can introduce water.. I can't remember.. Ds is nearly 3 and I have to look everything up as I have forgotten so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry ladies I've been awol again lately. I've been trying to impose less computer/ Facebook time so that AJ gets more of my attention. Can get a little bit addicted.
    Dragonfly sounds like you're having good success with the naps. I definitely think putting some time aside to work on it helps. I also find that in order to resettle (which i have to do after 45 mins for the morning and afternoon naps) I need to be there before he starts stirring to pat him on the shoulder otherwise if he wakes I just can't get him to settle. AJ naps pretty well. Usually about 3-4 naps a day (1.5hrs then 45 mins, 45 mins and a great 2-2.5 hrs in the afternoon). I have a nap at the afternoon one so we're both tucked up together. I think that helps us too. My problem is getting him down for the nap. Still having to do a lot of rocking, singing and patting and he sometimes gets really worked up. I really struggle when he's crying, usually end up bawling too cause i just don't know what to do (Nala you're definitely not alone there! ). I don't have much support and hubby works long hours which makes it hard. I'm currently working on putting him down awake and just patting for that last little bit. Takes a few goes but I think we're getting there. I'm hoping that will lead to me being able to back out earlier and earlier.

I tried AJ on solids 2 weeks ago as the paediatrician said to start at 4 months but he just wasn't ready. Spat it out then vomited his milk :-(. He's wasn't showing any interest either but is starting to now so we might look at trying again.

Oop better go, bub is awake. Will check in again soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I meant to say too that AJ's naps were all 20 mins till i started trying to resettle him and they've gradually gotten longer. And I've starting wrapping him again which definitely helped!

Nala to resettle i try to just pat his shoulder in the cot whilst not engaging him. If he starts crying I pick him up. I'll try my routine of rocking, patting and singing for up to 10 mins then I'll give up. But then I find he won't stay awake as long so he'll go down for the next nap early. If he's grumpy when he wakes i work on resettling. If he's happy I'm more inclined to get him up :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Hi Amy!
    Don't want to disagree with you, but had to look it up cause I was sure I wasn't meant to give water to breast fed babies. I found this..
    http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starti...ds/baby-water/
    When they hit 6 months I think you can introduce water.. I can't remember.. Ds is nearly 3 and I have to look everything up as I have forgotten so much!
    Our CHN said to start water with meals... But she also recommended to start solids at 6 months, we stated a little before 4 months, DS is formula fed so we've been giving him water for a while, it certainly doesn't hurt & helps with constipation issues :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read your article & it's talking about newborn BF babies, right at ghe end it mentions solids & to give them water or EBM with meals...

'Once baby starts solids, you might want to give him a few sips of expressed milk or water with his solids – some babies need this to prevent constipation.'