Closed Thread
Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We do Gymbaroo and have done it since Ellie was 6 weeks old. Love it and have some great mummy friends from there.

Nala: don't be too hard on yourself, babies are hard, especially ones that don't sleep

We had a paed appointment yesterday and he is giving us an urgent referral to the residential stay at tresillian. It feels so good after months of sleep deprivation and everyone just telling me to close the door and let her cry, to have someone finally want to help.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did Gymberoo too, giving this term a miss and going back next term. Loved it though, Braydon didn't seem too fussed lol

Glad you've been referred greb, let us know when you start and I'd be interested in hearing what they have to say. Some sleep for you will be a huge relief

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Orlando liked gymbaroo he was zonked afterwards!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby boy in his own room in his cot sleeping. I've just got into my bed! I miss him already hehe! Hopefully he has a good sleep! He's been down since about 7.45 and its 9.30 and I've resettled him once so far...my turn for snoozies now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done SL you will enjoy your own room in time, but it's so strange at first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone feel they are judged at mothers group? I enjoyed going, can't be bothered with one woman....

I have been asked twice in front of others the most ridiculous question. My sister thinks maybe she is jealous, my little girl is quite advanced i guess and she always talks about and makes a fuss over my little girl. I think maybe she really wanted a girl.

I really wanted to make some new friends. Now I can't be bothered going cause it is doing my head in wondering how I come across to others...
    Last edited by kmvw; 16-07-2013 at 23:41.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Aunty2Mummy  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Km - I made a mothers group with the ladies I met in the Nicu for that exact reason. Ella will be delayed so opposite in that respect (she isn't even 5kgs and has trouble holding her head, eating, tummy time.. All the milestones!!)
    And I was worried they would compare. I still see the mums from when I had ds.. But they live far away so don't catch up regularly.
    My Playgroup are awesome! Have you thought of joining one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Anyone feel they are judged at mothers group? I enjoyed going, can't be bothered with one woman....

I have been asked twice in front of others the most ridiculous question. My sister thinks maybe she is jealous, my little girl is quite advanced i guess and she always talks about and makes a fuss over my little girl. I think maybe she really wanted a girl.

I really wanted to make some new friends. Now I can't be bothered going cause it is doing my head in wondering how I come across to others...
    That's no good km mothers groups are supposed to be stress relievers not an additional stress!! You know a lot of people don't even go to mothers groups...there are plenty of opportunities to meet mums and bubs through other things like gymbaroo, swimming, etc. I don't think I will stay in touch with every single mother in my mothers group but there are definitely a few that I would keep contact with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orlando slept from 7.45-12 and then about 12.45-4.15 then in and out of sleep until 6.20 when I gave up resettling (lol) so not too bad at all for his first night in cot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great SL, sounds like a good night

KM that sucks re mothers group, so far I love mine, however Ivy also seemed advanced and they all comment that I must be teaching her these skills hours on end...it's funny cause I had this ball toy that ivy liked playing with and she was the first one in the group to start grabbing, and not a lie all 10 mums went and bout the ball....it sold out at the local target so some mums even travelled and went to several baby stored to find it!!!! Also now ivy stands and holds onto furniture (she wobbly but can support her own weight if put next to the bath for example) and they call her super baby and tell their husbands and now they all practice standing hahaha!!! The thing is she is good at grabbing and standing and sitting but she doesn't coo much and she doesn't roll so I think all babies just develop at different rates and chose things to focus on. Whilst some of the mums worry cause their bub doesn't grab I worry ivy doesn't talk enough!! Anyway that was an essay! I hope you find some nice mums at a play group or something as its so nice to vent

Nala I had something to ask you but it's slipped my mind, ill post this and then read back to try and remember!!