+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ikea

Ikea - Ive heard about it but never been there and now for a short time they are delivering to the state where I live for the first time ever and for capped shipping!

So... is it any good - do the products last? are they easy to put together?

If you could recommend one product what would it be?
    In particular I am looking at childrens products - bedroom/playroom type things i.e bed, storage, bedside tables etc.

Or is there a product I should definitely stay away from?
    Last edited by Isabellabean; 04-07-2013 at 13:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love ikea! Look at the expedits for kids storage and all the boxes/cubes you can get with them, they're awesome! They're a bit tricky to put together but definitely not hard!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

Isabellabean  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The Trofast tub shelving is great for kids toys too! We love the little table and chairs too, they are so handy to have around, and the chairs are surprisingly strong.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

Isabellabean  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I ADORE ikea! BUT would recommend if its an option to see what you are buying first. Sometimes its easy to see things online and fall in love with the product and price.. but find in person they are priced that way because they are made from cheaper alternative materials

For instance.. this coffee table..
    http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/70161546/
    it looks like a lovely frosted glass type table online but in person it is plastic, flimsy and cheap.

IKEA are amazing at reducing the cost of items due to their clever ways of making things.. but this sometimes means the materials aren't very nice to touch or as lovely as they might seem online.

In saying that.. we have a heap of these bookshelves and cant fault them for their endless storage solutions.
    http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/80194886/

I also like their photo frames. They are well priced and well made for what they are. We also have a rug from ikea. and a few knick knacks. And this for our entertainment unit which I LOVE
    http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/20168343/

Im not a fan of the Mammut bedroom furniture series for kids.. they are very plasticy and chunky - but for a play room the table and chairs are perfect! So pick and choose what you get. Pay close attention to the materials they are made from and they are usually pretty simple to put together but you usually need a hammer or spanner as well as the allen key they provide.

Happy shopping!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I strongly recommend the expedit series, as well as hemnes for bedroom stuff. Love their drawers!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Antilop high chair is an absolute must have

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm another one who recommends the expedit range. It's so versatile and will last much longer than some of the other systems they have for kids.

The lack tables are great for kids too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sold my nice coffee table and replaced it with a bunch of Lack tables: so much easier to clean and use with little kids, plus if they destroy them I don't care!

I use a lot of their storage options, and their Malm bed with underbed storage is outstanding for a small room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ektorp sofas are sooo comfy! For cheaper things i like the modular clothing storage things, can't remember their name but they are like a wardrobe system with wire baskets for drawers. Fantastic for renters and organizing. I also have the lack tables and a single loft bed with a desk under it that we got for our spare room/study. Very easy to put together and sturdy for the price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love ikea!