+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ftb supps got yours yet ?

Has anyone got their ftb supps yet ?
    A friend says they got theirs today, seems unusually fast....

I called centrelink, and explained I do not need to lodge a tax return been on parenting single since Aug last yr, she said I wont get my supps AGAIN this yr (didnt get it last yr) if ex does not lodge a tax return, but I was also told by a diff centrelink rep, if you were single for 300 days throughout financial yr then you get your supps...

mines been over 300 days single, so now im not sure if i get any again another yr or what.

Last yr I never got anything and was told last yr I would get it this yr if ex hasnt loddged a tax return which he didnt do and again won't do

This is so damn annoying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I actually got mine today, I have no idea if my ex has lodged a tax return yet but I know he owes about $3000 in unpaid child support so he wouldn't be in a hurry to do so..

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fast I haven't let them know that I don't need to lodge a tax return yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I was told it wouldn't be until after the 16th or when the tax return is done. I only did my tax this week but called last week to find out more about it and how compensation/insurance claims and pay outs affected payments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought you had to lodge a tax return cause parenting single is income and you pay tax on it ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I advised centrelink of non lodgement on the 1st, and had to send a non lodgement form in the next day to ATO also.. No idea why I got the supps so quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just curious and hope I'm not being rude but what are the supps and how much is it. I'm on the single parent ad trying to work out what I will get

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    I thought you had to lodge a tax return cause parenting single is income and you pay tax on it ?
    never used too have to send in a non lodge app before, has this changed ? cause centrelink has not told me I need to do that........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I have lodge my tax with dp info on it do I have to lodge his before I get the supps or do they look at his wage on my tax

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
    never used too have to send in a non lodge app before, has this changed ? cause centrelink has not told me I need to do that........
    The ATO website has a checklist for lodging a tax return (it has a questionnaire on there you can use to see if you need to lodge or not) says you must lodge or advise of non lodgement if you are a recipient of child support. I only got parenting partnered (a small amount) and I had to advise the ATO of non lodgement due to the CS. I completed the form on the computer, printed it out and posted it off.