+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Giving Praise to Hubby

My hubby has always been very considerate and thoughtful, but today I just realised exactly how much he has been their for me through our baby journey. It was a very simple thing really...after complaining about heartburn/reflux Monday and Tuesday, I came home from work today to find that he had been to the pharmacy for me to find something that would help, I hadn't asked him to do this. What a sweetheart! Seen as we ttc'd for 18 months, and went through 1 cycle of IVF before getting to this stage, it seems ridiculous that I only really just noticed it. Who else would like to give praise to their partner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH is awesome. He is currently cooking dinner while I loll about on the couch watching Friends and reading bubhub. He pretty much cooks every night these days, even though he is working and I'm 'just' sitting around waiting for bub to be born.
    He does a million other things too, it's not just cooking but that's the example that springs to mind cos I can watch him doing it right now
    He's totally awesome

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellyfishie For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mine does the ironing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just want to say you're so, so lucky! I dream of having someone like that..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an awesome DH too! Cooks, cleans, insists I rest (at times), makes sure I'm comfy with drinks hit water bottle etc. Feel like he spoils me more than I do him to be honest. Definitely going to be a great Dad. Yey for fabulous partners!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had an incredibly tough couple of days with breastfeeding our 4 month old. This morning I texted my husband and told him today is no better so he wrote back and said he's packing up and coming home from work. I told him not to worry (even though I desperately wanted him to come home) and was elated to see him driving up the street 40 minutes later. Although the problem was with breastfeeding (and maybe colic or reflux) and he couldn't physically fix it, he ran around getting me food, getting bub to sleep, sterilising my bottles and breast pump (as she would drink from a bottle) and getting her ready to go to the Dr.

He is willing to drop everything and be at my side when I need him the most, and I am so grateful to him for that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP is great. Can't ask for a better partner or dad. He is great with the children and has always been there for me and them. He's a chef by trade 😄so does most of the cooking. I work 2 days a week and he finishes work earlier those days to pick the kids up. Both are bathed and fed by the time I get home. Sure we have our disagreements but that's life. Wouldn't swap him for the world x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaleggos For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is amazing. He cooks dinner most nights, and helps with house stuff whenever I need him to. He did pretty much everything and kept the house clean in the first few days after we came home with bub, because I was too sore to do much. The first couple of days trying to figure out breastfeeding, we had some moments where bub was screaming and refusing to attach and I was so upset because I couldn't stop him from crying, he was always ready to take over settling and give me cuddles. He has been so supportive with everything, he's just awesome.
    And he's such a good dad. It's obvious how much he loves our little boy and I can't wait to see how much fun he has with bub as he gets older

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm grateful for DH bringing home cream for nipple thrush and drops for DDs mouth without being asked on his way home from the dentist the other day. And walking DD to sleep when she is overtired and won't settle for me.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband needs back surgery and some days can't get out of bed.
    But whenever he can, he'll get up and make me a coffee while I'm feeding ds, and makes sure any washing in the machine gets dried.
    If he can't get out of bed, he'll cuddle ds in bed to give me a break.
    He is absolutely amazing.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BrinnZiggy For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (16-07-2013)