+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Odd painful AF out of the blue.

I'm hoping someone can offer advice.

I've been off BC for over 2 years now and I've had AF since I was 10 years old. I usually get a bit of AF cramping on one day but nothing I can't cope with. I had a MC 9 months ago and since then AF has been slightly more painful but again nothing I can't cope with.

This month, I started with an insane heavy feeling uterus and massive cramps 3-4 days before AF that kept me awake at night and today I am in so much pain I had to leave work and go straight to bed because I felt faint. I've not had this in my 21 years of AF and it's very very painful. TMI but when I need to do a bowl movement today its been excruciating, I almost fainted in the bathroom cubical at work!

It's eased off a bit now but I went to the toilet again before and it hurt quite badly. I was tested for endometriosis when I was 26 and got the all clear from a laproscopy.

The bleeding isn't any heavier than normal, I have quite light AF that only usually lasts 2-3 days.

Is it possible to just have a random cycle that's insanely painful or is something wrong? Can endo start up at any time in your life or is it something that if I didn't have it then I won't have it now?

We are suffering from infertility, so far just on DHs side but the FS did say it could end up being both of us.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just looking to see if anyone has ever had this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but have you considered it may be a miscarriage? Otherwise I know that I have the occasional painful period that seems un characteristic but not on the level you described.

Also I just wanted to say that this sounds awful and I hope you see a doctor and take good care of yourself in the meantime.

Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I thought maybe it could be because it is a similar pain to what I had last time but I never got a positive pregnancy test this time. If it's the same tomorrow I might see my GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else ever have something like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing, please go to a doctor tomorrow and get this checked out..... This doesn't sound normal at all and it's out of the blue. Best to get it checked out, your body might be telling you something is wrong. I hope not though...... I hope you feel much better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update, I feel 100% today, no pain or discomfort whatsoever. That was really bizarre!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles4me For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (04-07-2013)