+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast pump recommendations

I'm looking at getting an electric breast pump but have no idea what to look for. Can the double pumps be used just on one breast while bub is feeding from the other side? What brands/models do you recommend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Medela Swing and highly recommend it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have the avent single electrical. It was Ok. However it would taken 40-50 minutes to express. And I used to express a couple of times per day. If I had my time again I would fork out big money for a pump that did both boobs in 10 minutes. I am not sure what that pump would be, some type of hospital grade one I assume.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unimom Allegro Love it! Also do some googling of open and closed systems, you want to get a closed system - much more hygienic (this rules out the medela).

There's no reason you couldn't pump one side while your bub is on the other depending on whether they'd tolerate it and whether you need 2 hands to hold bub. I only ever feed from one side at a time (oversupply) but know a lot of friends switch sides during a feed so that's something else to consider too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got the umimom double allegro which can be used as a single or double, however if I had my time again I'd just rent a medela symphony - it's so much better.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use the medela symphony. It is a double pump but I only bought the attachments for one.

You can hire them from alot of pharmacies. I also saw that bubs baby shop hire them. Not sure if all do or just the one near me.

I would love to get a second set of attachments so I can pump both sides at once as I am pumping twice at work per day and it would be much quicker than doing one at a time but at this point I don't know how much longer I will need to use it for at work. If I had my time again I would have got attachments for double right from the start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I just ditched my unimom as it was chewing through the batteries. Now I use two spectras. I think the portable one I use for work was about $150. Prior to this I have had a few medelas and feel ripped off if for nothing more than the price.... I think my double lactina kit alone was like $90 (that is shield, membrane and bottle) I think the other companies sell these for about half that

from a galaxy far far away...
    Hi Missie Mack I am about to get the unimom forte- I thought electric pumps work on both batteries and through an outlet. Is this correct? I am not going to get it if it only runs off batteries as I will spend a fortune an knowing my luck will run out.