+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best doll for a 1 year old

I'm going to buy my daughter a doll for her first birthday. I have no idea whether to get a hard plastic doll or a soft one. I saw these Stella dolls online, which look great. The only thing is that they aren't available in Australia, I would have to order one from America. That doesn't bother me, as I order heaps online. It's more the shipping cost and how much it would cost altogether. Does anyone have any recommendations for a doll, or know of a doll similar to the Stella doll? Thanks! My phone won't let me upload the pic, so here's a link to the doll

http://www.manhattantoy.com/p/baby-stella-peach?pp=24

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can get a soft fisher price "my first doll" which has a rattle in it, they're pretty cute and you can get them from K-Mart. I'd get a soft doll for a 1 year old, they're still pretty clumsy at 1 and can imagine them tripping over a big hard doll.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (03-07-2013)

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    After a quick search on eBay I found a few of those dolls, one of them in Brisbane.

my daughter has just gotten into dolls and she's about to turn one.
    I got her a smallish plastic one from target for $10 and she loves it
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1372774885.155632.jpg
    Attached Images

5. The Following User Says Thank You to strawberry swing For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both. Ill check out the ones you have recommended. I still like the Stella doll I think. I just wish it didn't have a magnet on its face to attach the dummy and bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Stella Doll is cute, you could always get a cabbage patch with a soft body - I love them

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD2 has a doll from Target that has a plastic face but a soft body which is much better than an all pastic doll. It's also great because it can be put through the washing machine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have you seen Miniland Educational dolls?

They are anatomically correct and really well made, and they're available in different ethnicities.

I bought one of these (Asian baby doll) for my DS. I searched high and low for the right doll, some of the baby dolls on the market are just plain creepy!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i got my dd her first doll for her 1st birthday. i wanted something she wouldnt grow out of too quick and when she's older and "over dolls" it can sit on her bed.
    I searched ebay for handmade ones. i cant remember what the name of the one i got was but you can get them in boys or girls and thy each have their own names! She was only $40 free postage and made in Aus.
    DD ablsoletely loves her, still adores her dolly at 2yrs old and its quality made so she cant pull the hair out or take off its clothes and loose bits and pieces.
    search ebay for "handmade dolls"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thanks everyone, I didn't expect so many answers. Heaps of options for me to decide from Thanks for all of your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the Waldorf Dolls. My kids have a few. Their faces are neutral to promote imaginative play, they are usually made of only natural fibres (some can be organic only), you can get them in different sizes, choose the hair colour, skin colour, eye colour, being cloth they make much better bedmates than a plastic doll.

My DD adores her two big ones and takes them everywhere, makes us give them goodnight kisses, it's very sweet.

[Pics Deleted]

They can be a bit expensive, but when it's their special life long doll I see it as exceptionally good value.
    Last edited by BlissedOut; 03-07-2013 at 17:07.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (03-07-2013)