+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The words aren't great agree but I still listen to it.

I think that song 'I wanna do dirty things to you tonight' is just as bad.. Eta.. Actually to me this song is worse.
    16 yr old girls singing 'I like it hard c.ore' - revolting.

It's foul to hear that language from a females mouth. If I had a daughter I'd hate for her to listen to that stuff. Hardly empowering

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    "I’ll give you something big enough to tear your *** in two.”

That sounds like sexual adult to me!
    I don't think it is meant in a sexual assault kind of way, I think he is just speaking very 'highly' of himself and his 'skills'.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Same 80s hip hop is the best. But when it comes on the ipod I skip it, not appropriate for little kids.

Think Notorious Big - Hypnotize

Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    I agree. I even like rap music (mostly the older stuff) but i definitely dont think main****** music is suitable for younger kids. there has always been a lot of sexual innuendo in music but its really in your face now.. its not suggestive... its just like "here.. look at my big penis."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone ever actually listened to the lyrics from Grease? They're incredibly dirty - but I never picked up on it until I was in my 20s. Doesn't mean I'll stop DS from listening to them though. Kids don't have dirty minds, adults do.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

ElleB  (03-07-2013),melimum  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    Its blocked some of the words, but she talks about (coming) on the pole, sticking things in her (cat) etc etc etc. Yowsers
    Yep I am well aware of the lyrics. My 15 month old hears "shaking it for daddy" and wiggles her bum. When they say "drop it to the beat" she plonks herself on the floor.

Just like she shakes her bum when she hears Ricky Martin's shake ya bonbon...

Perspective.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    Anyone ever actually listened to the lyrics from Grease? They're incredibly dirty - but I never picked up on it until I was in my 20s. Doesn't mean I'll stop DS from listening to them though. Kids don't have dirty minds, adults do.

Yep... And I'm sure it's very controversial but Rocky Horror picture show I danced/sang when younger and all my younger cousins have watched it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    "I’ll give you something big enough to tear your *** in two.”

That sounds like sexual adult to me!

That's not about sexual assault, he's alluding to the fact he has a giant package.

I've always taken this song more as a "there's a good girl in the club, she's in to me, I'm in to her, she's driving me wild" with a bit of "she's a good girl, but like's to get a little freaky" too.

I think people are reading too much in to it. But hey, that's music it can be whatever you want it to be.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

babycart  (03-07-2013),Lauzy83  (03-07-2013),peanutmonkey  (03-07-2013),twomummas  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I don't like it, I used to sing along to it til I read the lyrics, same as "Whistle". I don't know if I would say its necessarily 'rapey', but personally I don't particularly like the whole thing where men tell women when the 'want it'. I think we women can be trusted to know when we do or don't want it, and really don't need to be told, or encouraged, or the permission of a man to let loose sexually. So no, I don't like it when you listen to the lyrics (catchy tune though unfortunately).

And this is coming from someone who LOVED 2pac and Snoop in their younger years! (What am I saying, I still love them!).

I love Pink, not a fan of Beyonce or Rihanna though. I'm not against them, but I just think everything is so sexualised, and I don't want my daughters growing up thinking this is how you must look/behave to be attractive to men.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hear the song all the time, know the lyrics and I don't find it degrading or about sexual assault at all.
    DF and I actually have a private joke about this song and our $ex life lol.

I used to sing Bad Touch when I was a child, and whatever that "I'm horny, horny, horny, horny" song was and had no idea of the meaning.
    Music may be powerful but nowhere near as much as what is taught to children from their parents.
    There are definitely more offensive and crude songs than this out there and if you don't like it then don't let your child listen to it.
    Last edited by MrsOhara; 03-07-2013 at 13:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Then there is Rodney rude and Kevin bloody Wilson... Not exactly main****** but I find THAT highly offensive to the point of banning it in this house.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub