+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Chest pain question

Ok I know I will probably be told to go see a doctor but I can't for a few hours (no one to mind DD) and I always feel silly going to the doctors incase it's nothing!

Since about 6am I have been getting really bad chest pains, feels so tight and sore right in the middle of my breasts, hurts more when I breathe in. I thought it might be heartburn but it never lasts this long! I just noticed my nails are like a faint blue colour, I'm already feeling a bit paranoid so that didnt help! I'm not struggling to breathe or anything so don't want to go to the Dr if its just a bad case of heartburn! Anyone get heartburn that lasts all day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Does it feel better when you don't breathe at all? If so it Could be pleurisy - it hurts like bugger when you breathe in. You need to see a doctor if it is that. Well, any chest pain really. I'd go into ER just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get chest pain sometimes when I get run down. I got something once called chostochondritis. its like inflammation in the breast bone. its extremely painful and seems to return if i get sick. but definitely go see a doctor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Does it feel better when you don't breathe at all? If so it Could be pleurisy - it hurts like bugger when you breathe in. You need to see a doctor if it is that. Well, any chest pain really. I'd go into ER just in case.
    It just seems to be constant whether I'm breathing in or not. I'm trying to find a GP that's open later, I feel like its not enough of an emergency to go to ER but if that's my only option ill go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is enough I reckon, they don't mess around with any kind of chest pain at the ER. My DH is a nurse and says go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Go to your nearest hospital now! Take your child with you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Go to your nearest hospital now! Take your child with you!
    This.

Why do people always feel like they can't go to a doctor/hospital because they have their child with them??? Being a parent doesn't automatically make it any less serious....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go to the hospital now. If you go to the doc with chest pains guess what they do? Call an ambulance!
    Seriously chest pain is major. When an ambo is called to my work for chest pains they are there like a shot.
    Please call 000. Don't even drive. What if it gets worse when your on the road. Don't endanger others either.
    Maybe it isn't so serious but no one will know until you have tests

Thanks
    Reviews
    Call 000 as the add days, if it turns out to be a false alarm then that's the best outcome.

Chest pain can be in relation to a number of things. Some serious, some not serious, but the only way to know is to be checked by a medical professional.

I'd call 000 and let them establish if they need to send someone out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Please don't ignore this.
    My grandmother only a few months ago put off chest pain because she was too worried about leaving my grandfather at home by himself because he was unwell. After 6 hours she called an ambulance and was pronounced dead on arrival.
    Hoping it's a false alarm OP and that all is well, please get yourself checked immediately.