+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    575
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Still bleeding!

    Hi everyone

    It will be four weeks tomorrow since I had a D&C. I miscarried twins between 8-9 weeks

    I am STILL bleeding! The last week or so I was spotting and yesterday I thought it had stopped so my husband and I had sex. This morning I woke up to bright red blood again! It's not a lot of blood but enough to concern me.

    I don't think this is normal. Has it happened to anyone else?

    Both my OB and GP are away at the moment. Do you think I need to get it checked out or should I just leave it?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked
    829
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How are you feeling? I haven't had a d&c after a m/c but four weeks does seem like a long time.....were you given an idea of how long the bleeding might last?

    If you're concerned at all I don't think it would hurt to see a doctor.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    575
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm feeling very miserable today Little Duck 😞

    I rang my OB's rooms and asked to speak to the doctor covering mine. She said it sounds like I have an infection and could have remaining tissue left over from my D&C. I've started antibiotics and am booked in for an ultrasound today. There's a possibility that I'll need to have another D&C 😓

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked
    829
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    O no, so sorry to hear that. Massive hugs, keep us posted on how you're going xxxx

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    575
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all
    I had the ultrasound and the results were good. Finally some better news! I don't have any remaining tissue left behind from the D&C! The doctor also said my ovaries looked good and they are busy producing eggs which means I should ovulate in the next week or so! I asked the doctor whether the heavy bright red blood I'm getting could be my period. She said it's possible even though I have only had one blood-free day since the D&C 4.5 weeks ago! Hmmm. Strange how the body works!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked
    829
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMsMum View Post
    Hi all
    I had the ultrasound and the results were good. Finally some better news! I don't have any remaining tissue left behind from the D&C! The doctor also said my ovaries looked good and they are busy producing eggs which means I should ovulate in the next week or so! I asked the doctor whether the heavy bright red blood I'm getting could be my period. She said it's possible even though I have only had one blood-free day since the D&C 4.5 weeks ago! Hmmm. Strange how the body works!
    Good to hear - you must be relieved!!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to littleduck For This Useful Post:

    LJMsMum  (06-07-2013)

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    casino
    Posts
    1,958
    Thanks
    2,916
    Thanked
    333
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMsMum View Post
    Hi everyone

    It will be four weeks tomorrow since I had a D&C. I miscarried twins between 8-9 weeks

    I am STILL bleeding! The last week or so I was spotting and yesterday I thought it had stopped so my husband and I had sex. This morning I woke up to bright red blood again! It's not a lot of blood but enough to concern me.

    I don't think this is normal. Has it happened to anyone else?

    Both my OB and GP are away at the moment. Do you think I need to get it checked out or should I just leave it?

    Thanks
    Hugs I feel your frustration. After my D&C I bled for like almost 3 weeks got a BFP 4 weeks & then started bleeding again 5 weeks. Turns out was a blighted ovum & miscarried again last week. It's been a very draining process.
    Glad your ultrasound showed up good. Hang in there. X

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    575
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleduck View Post
    Good to hear - you must be relieved!!
    I am! Thanks

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    575
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jagamoe View Post
    Hugs I feel your frustration. After my D&C I bled for like almost 3 weeks got a BFP 4 weeks & then started bleeding again 5 weeks. Turns out was a blighted ovum & miscarried again last week. It's been a very draining process.
    Glad your ultrasound showed up good. Hang in there. X
    Sorry to hear of your losses jagamoe Take care xox

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to LJMsMum For This Useful Post:

    jagamoe  (08-07-2013)

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    casino
    Posts
    1,958
    Thanks
    2,916
    Thanked
    333
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMsMum View Post
    Sorry to hear of your losses jagamoe Take care xox
    Thanks. You too. Are u still having any bleeding ?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Bleeding!!
    By Solly86 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 20:16
  2. Light bleeding then heavy-ish bleeding.. help..
    By stelvia13 in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-07-2012, 20:28
  3. Sex after bleeding...
    By smileymum in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 19:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic
Leading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an integrative approach all health professionals and offer diagnostic testing and natural treatment options suitable for the whole family.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!