+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have any liquid mylanta, but I finally got her to have a good feed and she's fallen asleep, so if I can get her into her bed I'll be able to get dressed so i can take her to the Dr.

She did have her immunisations on the weekend, I didn't even think of that. I'll mention that to the Dr as well.

Thank you so much for your support!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another thought... how often are you trying to feed her?
    When my bub was younger, I really tried to push feeding her if it had been 3 hours cause that's what I was told to do. I've figured out now that she much prefers to have a small number of very large feeds... I regret pushing the feeding when she was still having enough wet nappies etc. as she really does NOT like feeding now. Obviously I don't know what would have happened... but if I could go back to when she was doing that I would have completely dropped the pressure... not feed her if she didn't want to feed (even if it had been ages, was in the middle of the night etc.) and only do it as it worked for her.

Good luck... so stressful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh OP I feel for you. xx
    My 4.5 month old is doing the same thing. I'm just persevering and 'trying' to stay calm. I'm also boosting my supply with oats, fenugreek and lots of water. Breaking my heart that she is taking a bottle without a fuss.

Sent from my sandwich.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How's things going JR, did you take her to the doctors?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Things are terrible :-( I'm so stressed, she is feeding well / normally through the night and for her first feed of the day but after that, just screams when I try to breastfeed so I have to express and bottle feed her. I'm going to call the ABA in a minute though I really don't have much confidence that they'll be able to help :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago and my baby is same age.
    I think cos she had been feeding 2 hourly I was forcing her to feed when she didn't want to. I spoke to an LC she said, change activities for half hour to an hour then if she still won't feed wrap and put to bed. Make sure to express 5 mins every 3 hours.
    A couple of days later she went back to normal but then it happened again.
    I'm now on the tablets for supply and things are much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear things are still stressful. Have you tried giving her something like infants friend or infacol a few minutes before each feed? I know it's for colic/wind but I've often given it before a feed when dd has been a bit fussy and it's helped. I'm sorry I don't have more advice to offer, hopefully the aba will be able to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago and my baby is same age.
    I think cos she had been feeding 2 hourly I was forcing her to feed when she didn't want to. I spoke to an LC she said, change activities for half hour to an hour then if she still won't feed wrap and put to bed. Make sure to express 5 mins every 3 hours.
    A couple of days later she went back to normal but then it happened again.
    I'm now on the tablets for supply and things are much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I've been giving her Infacol before every feed since we went to the Dr yesterday. I spoke to the ABA who couldn't really help at all :-( I'm waiting for the community nurse to phone me back (though its 5pm now so probably won't hear back until tomorrow) and hopefully she'll refer me to a LC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an old topic but I am going through exactly the same thing with my 2 month old. I could have written your posts word for word! I have tried all the things mentioned here and by the ABA. Bub had her immunisation a week ago but this problem predates this although it has gotten worse in the last five days.

I hope you don't mind but can I ask what ended up happening? Any advice for me? I'm feeling a little lost!