+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How often do you clean toys?

DS is 2 and a bit and I have cleaned some once. Now DD is crawling and eating everything I have decided to clean them again.
    How often do you clean them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they get spewed on or something else of that sort then i do. But my little one eats shoes so... Its a bit pointless being fanatic about cleaning things.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuffed For This Useful Post:

tubster  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    our toys are kept clean. If they are spewed on they will be cleaned ofcourse. But I don't allow inside toys outside and vise versa. I hate bath toys...they are a constant mould problem

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuffed View Post
    If they get spewed on or something else of that sort then i do. But my little one eats shoes so... Its a bit pointless being fanatic about cleaning things.
    Yeah this. I did clean all the baby toys when I brought them out of storage, but apart from that if it's not visibly filthy it doesn't get cleaned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cleaned DDs old toys when I got them out of storage for DS but other than that I don't clean them unless one of them has a particularly nasty illness like gastro.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    our toys are kept clean. If they are spewed on they will be cleaned ofcourse. But I don't allow inside toys outside and vise versa. I hate bath toys...they are a constant mould problem
    Yes! Bath toys are about the only ones I clean, I put them in a bucket of bleach, making sure to fill the insides. I got a lovely set at the Australian geographic shop that have no holes so water can't get inside. And dh put silicone in the holes of some others.
    Other than that, toys rarely get cleaned in this house (apart from the obvious, body fluids, buried in the garden etc etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a great idea so no water gets inside them in the first place! I will do that thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put toys (incl bath toys) in the dishwasher.
    Great idea about sealing the holes, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um, do people clean their toys . I dont think ive ever cleaned any toy. Oh wait, one got dog poo on it once and i cleaned it.
    Im no worried about germs. DS's bunny (comforter) is so gross i want to wash my hands every time i touch it. But meh, hes doesnt care.
    My kids dont get sick, i guess with 2 dogs (inside), 3 cats and 4 chickens to play with they arent going to get anything from the toys they're not gona get from the animals!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not often - DS's toys don't really get dirty. They stay inside and are rarely ever played with by other children.

I cleaned a lot of his toys after our nephew visited as I suspected his hand washing regime was pretty much non-existant.