+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I plan on having my dd in our room until she goes into a bed. Partly because its easier than to reconfigure the other childrens rooms. We have 4 children and they would all sleep in our room if they could! Knowing how fast they grow up makes me appreciate having them close while they still want to be. The house we just moved to has the bedrooms all together so we are nice and close. In my opinion it's no big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just to clarify. .im not bothered by what people think about her in our room. It is more an experiment I guess asking. . because I often hear things like. .. my baby slept better when they were in their own room. .. so I'm just wondering how often that is true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I planned to move DD1 at 6 months but it ended up being 12 months. There was no difference to her sleep, she was always a good sleeper.

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    I moved DD in her room at 3 weeks old as she is a terribly noisy sleeper. I think she sleeps better in her own room as if I coughed she would wake when she was in her bassinet in our room. She also hates co sleeping so no surprise she wanted her own space

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    DS1 lasted 2 weeks cos he was a noisy sleeper.... DS2 lasted a month but wasnt sleeping well cos DH snores and was waking him. they were both in bassinets in our room.

DS3 is 3 weeks and sleeps in our bed with me. I have no intention of moving him to his room anytime soon. Him and I both sleep better with him right next to me.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    5 months co sleeping but it got to a stage neither of us was getting sleep so off to the cot . He's right next door so I hear every noise .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We moved DS into his own room at 10 months.

He transitioned well and it was good for us not having to tip toe around in the dark trying not to wake him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both sons were in their own room by 6 weeks my boys were both great sleepers either way but we just prefer them being in their own room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had baby in our room for the first 6-12months, mainly because we were/are paranoid and wanted to follow SIDS recommendations as close as possible (lots of research to suggest sleeping in close proximity to parents helps bubs regulate breathing etc), but also because we found it much easier to breastfeed without having to get up. For the most part her cot was side car-Ed to the bed so I could roll, feed and put her back with little disturbance. Plus being a first time mum I had that irritating habit of wanting to watch her sleep! Lol they say babies are such little time wasters!

After she was around 12 months we moved her cot into her own room but it didn't help her sleep at all, so night wakings I would go and get her and she would then come and snuggle with us until morning.

She finally started sleeping through when she was around two, in her own room. I have no idea why because we didn't force the issue after that long, I presume she just became ready in her own time phew!!! Praise god etc! Lol

I should add, this bub we plan to do the same but hope to heck he likes sleep more than DD did but it does feel funny to create such a beautiful nursery in a hurry for him to be born knowing full well he won't be in there for a good year! Lol the things we do!
    Last edited by Mathermy; 02-07-2013 at 06:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both of mine were in their own room by 6 weeks. Their sleeping didn't seem to change but mine improved as I wasn't woken by every grunt or fart....mine are noisy sleepers!