+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Smile BLW - when did yours drop feeds?

DS is almost 8.5 months old and still on 5 bottles a day (roughly 950ML's give or take), which I have no issues with. But was curious as to when your bub's started to drop bottles/feeds?
    He has breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks here and there (I'm not a big snacker) and has tons of fun, but still isn't really ingesting anything crazy. He's starting to get the mouth movements going for chewing which is exciting!
    Also was wondering when your bub's starting to chew and swallow? He's pretty good and getting down stuff like paw paw, melon rice & tuna and cucumber but everything else usually ends up under his legs lol.

TIA!

eta: still no teeth yet!
    Last edited by callmedragon22; 01-07-2013 at 21:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumpity bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing as I have a 7.5 mth old.

DS is pretty good at swallowing things he likes - particularly toast (will eat half to 3/4 of a slice) or rice cakes. Fruit is pretty good too. Not so good at anything else yet. He particularly seems to struggle with rice and mince.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 10.5 months and started BLW at 6 months. I've only noticed a drop in is daytime feeds in the last couple of weeks. This coincided with him actually eating most of his food (instead of chewing it, spitting it out, playing with it, learning about it basically).

He's breastfed so it's hard for me to say exactly how much milk he drinks in a day. He's currently having 4 feeds a day (morning, morning nap, arvo nap, bed). Sometimes only 3. He still feeds 2-3 times overnight. This might be comfort feeding but he has a decent drink before going back to sleep. He used to have 5-6 feeds a day.

I remember from the BLW book thst food before 1 is just for fun. So, if he's still wanting and drinking the milk I'd continue to give it to him. I think you'll notice when he's starting to cut back.
    Last edited by Taiyed; 02-07-2013 at 10:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    it was over 12 months for both of mine before they dropped milk feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    From memory he started dropping his 5th bottle at 9 months then a bottle a month until it was just 2 - first thing in morning and 1 before bed at 12 months but they were only 100ml each by then

I noticed by 9 months he was really eating properly and by 10 months I started offering food first and that's when he just took off and was biting, chewing and swallowing like a champ! Sounds like your DS is going great!