+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pre Eclampsia at 27 weeks

I have just been diagnosed with early onset pre e.

BP 130/90 trace of protein, I have had it twice before but diagnosed at 34-35 weeks and then had to deliver..

Has anyone been diagnosed so early and managed to make it to 35 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was diagnosed early and with close monitoring and rest I made it to 37 weeks where they then induced me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i had it from 16 weeks bp was about 140-150/90-100 so i started on aldimet, labetelol and another drug. We had to slowly up them and i was on the full dose (quite a lot) and had to give up work at 20 weeks to rest most of the time at home. My bp was hard to control and i had to have lots of monitoring and bed rest but i made it to 36 weeks and dr decided to deliver bub by c section to avoid the full onset of eclampsia.

Rest is usually the best thing for BP and the meds aren't fun (they have lots of yukky side effects) but if you can put your feet up and have close monitoring you've got a good chance of making it to 35 weeks. We pretty much just took it a week at a time.

Best of luck to you

Similar Threads

1. Did you get Pre-eclampsia in your second pregnancy?
    By Albert01 in forum Pre-eclampsia
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-05-2013, 12:51
  2. 34weeks and pre eclampsia
    By Dlouise87 in forum Pre-eclampsia
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-01-2013, 23:16
  3. 1st pre eclampsia event.
    By Dlouise87 in forum Pre-eclampsia
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21-01-2013, 12:03