+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The time I was sent a copy it was very easy to compare to a real garment - the quality of fabric, the stitching, the label , the washing instructions, the size - if you have an original to go by its easy to see the difference - I had a friend who came back from Thailand who swore the shop keeper told her the $200 Chanel bag she bought was real but it was so obviously fake when you compared it to a real one!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    But how do you tell those items are fake? I think I am not very good at that...just by the prices? There are so many sellers on ebay.
    There are quite a few websites devoted to this.
    Here's one I refer to for buying Oilily
    http://members.quicknet.nl/k.hes/eurolines/fakes.htm

I usually ask for a close up photo or scan of the label and only buy if it's a photo of the actual item and not a stock photo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I buy on ebay a lot but never imitation items. Yuck! I'm not really into the big designer labels either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am usually the one selling those. They are genuine products, but I would never dress my kids in labels. The mil sends them from Ireland and I sell them because they're usually ugly and I think kids wearing labels is unnecessary. I have asked my husband if I should say anything to her, and even recently when she was here, she did say she should stop spending money on clothes, but I don't want to seem ungrateful. My dd1 is at the age now where she has her own taste.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I buy and sell on eBay, never fake stuff though. But I know a LOT of the sellers sell fake imitations. It's cheaper to buy originals from US sometimes. I am not really into brands though.
    Quality wise, some can be good if you are lucky, the imitation may be off the same factory that actually does the originals.