+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you shop and buy on Ebay?

Do you shop on ebay?

I am quite confused when I see lots of baby things selling at really cheap prices and they are branded eg Guess, Burberry, Zara etc. They seem like good imitation to me but they are really pretty and tempting to buy.

I am curious if you will buy them.

What are your views?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't. I'm pretty sure counterfeit goods are illegal but I also think fake branded stuff usually looks pretty tacky. JMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, I do occasionally shop on ebay.

Not for 'designer' stuff though. I don't really care for labels, or pretending I'm rich by sporting cheap knock-offs of known 'labels'.

If the prices are too good to be true, I'd say the items are bootleg.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

2boofulgals  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I never buy fake clothes but
    I buy sometimes from certain eBay stores in the US - I know the current lines from Ralph Lauren , Nike , Marc Jacobs and Gap and you can usually spot a fake easily as they tend to copy older more common styles - I've been stung once and I contacted the seller saying they are obviously fake and I want a refund ASAP or I will take it further ( the tag and quality are easy to pick what is fake) and he refunded the money ASAP , some of the good sellers even email me after they have been to the big sales before they put the stuff on eBay

If you've ever been to the big sales in America you can get really great bargains ( I once got a girls cashmere Ralph Lauren jumper from Bloomingdales that was reduced from $199 to $19 (90% off!) so a lot of the eBay stores in New York and. New Jersey literally buy all their stuff at these big sales and get tons of kids clothes really cheap so you don't need to buy the fake stuff - the quality is bad and I just don't get why people knowingly want something that's not real?
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 01-07-2013 at 12:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I buy heaps on ebay, but never the knock offs. Why would I want to showcase a fake label?!

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    They seem like good imitation to me but they are really pretty and tempting to buy.

I am curious if you will buy them.

What are your views?
    I think the counterfeit/fake/imitation industry has been linked or tied to terrorism and organized crime so as tempting as it may be to buy perhaps keep that in mind.

But no, I don't knowingly buy fake anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    I buy on ebay but only the Australian stores, I don't do knock offs. I buy heaps of Country Road, Witchery etc on Ebay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I buy heaps on ebay, but never the knock offs. Why would I want to showcase a fake label?!
    Yep this is me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I buy a lot off eBay, but never fakes, most of the fake 'brand' name clothing looks tacky anyway (IMO!).

I have bought Ralph Lauren for both DS's off ebay, but they were genuine :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    But how do you tell those items are fake? I think I am not very good at that...just by the prices? There are so many sellers on ebay.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 01-07-2013 at 14:09.