+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    But what is defined as returning "early".

I don't think that only the wealthy should have babies. But I do think its reasonable to expect people to work to be able to afford them.
    I find that comment a bit sad actually. So you expect women to have babies. ..then go back to work and pay for childcare out of the income they have gone back to work to earn...you want every single kid to be placed in childcare? It would be a sad sad world to live in if women didn't have the choice to stay at home for a while because they had to go out and work shortly after. Do you know how much ftb payments are??? Approx $300 without rent assistance and that's full rates...and thats if you earn a combined income with your partner of $47,815!! If I worked 3 days a fortnight centrelink will give me only $50 less if I had worked 4 days a fortnight. If I worked 1 day a week I'd get much less than working 3 days a week!!! How does that work? ?

Cassieh and kw seem to have a huge probkem with sahm's. If ppl who can "afford it" have babies they can afford not to get any govt assistance.

I don't think some ppl realise that you have to be on a very low income...like you have to earn nothing and your partner s low income to get govt assistance. You can earn up to $150, 000 and still get ftb a I think. ..surely those ppl don't need it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being a sahm doesn't necessarily mean women sit at home. ..they have hobbies...study....other interests. And you can't get any extra money if your not entitled to it...u can lie and fraud and eventually get caught but if your only entitled to a certain amouny then thats all u can ever get.

Why do you have a problem with women not eventually going back to work? Some women get involved in their kids school. Some women volunteer. There's so many reasons why a woman doesn't go back to work. What if she can't find part time school hours? ? And there is no one to pick up the kids? ? Sooo many situations where your blanket statement doesn't apply.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

gonnabeaGR8mum  (07-07-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    I find that comment a bit sad actually. So you expect women to have babies. ..then go back to work and pay for childcare out of the income they have gone back to work to earn...you want every single kid to be placed in childcare? It would be a sad sad world to live in if women didn't have the choice to stay at home for a while because they had to go out and work shortly after. Do you know how much ftb payments are??? Approx $300 without rent assistance and that's full rates...and thats if you earn a combined income with your partner of $47,815!! If I worked 3 days a fortnight centrelink will give me only $50 less if I had worked 4 days a fortnight. If I worked 1 day a week I'd get much less than working 3 days a week!!! How does that work? ?

Cassieh and kw seem to have a huge probkem with sahm's. If ppl who can "afford it" have babies they can afford not to get any govt assistance.

I don't think some ppl realise that you have to be on a very low income...like you have to earn nothing and your partner s low income to get govt assistance. You can earn up to $150, 000 and still get ftb a I think. ..surely those ppl don't need it??
    You are relatively new here so don't "know" me but I can assure you, you're mistaken. As many on here will attest to.

I have no problem with SAHMs at all. And cassie's views are not the same as mine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    U know that you don't actually have to work for the whole 12 mths leading up to taking ppl? Your eligible if you work for 330 hours in the 12 months leading up your leave...thats 1 day a week for a 7 hour day. So should women who have worked for 15 years get more ppl than one who worked for 12 mths???

I totally see where delirium us coming from.

I totally think it's fair to get more in ppl than bb if you have been working. We are fortunate to live in a country that gives us this assistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    I don't have anything against SAHMS.. But I don't think people should depend on the government to support their family. The cost of a baby extends more than the PPL or BB. So my opinion stands.

I understand not all babies are planned... My son wasn't planned. But we started gathering things from 12 weeks to ensure we had everything for when my son came.

I personally think if families are struggling, they shouldn't be seeking more assistance from the government.. They should be seeking employment.

I think it's incredibly frustrating that a mother I know has 3 kids that are all at school, yet she still hasn't got a job... I can understand mothers wanting to be at home with their kids, but when does it end??? Surely once the kids are at school (and not even at home) then that should be a time when the mum seeks at least part time employment??
    But you still aren't getting my point. you believe people shouldn't need assistance to pay for their children. That alone, I don't agree with, but can accept. But what you are saying is that SAHM's (whose partners are often working and paying tax) should stand on their own two feet, while 2 income families on double the income are happy to take thousands in support. Can you not see the disparity here? If a single income family on 60k should make it on their own, surely a 2 income family on double should certainly be able to make it on their own?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-07-2013),beebs  (08-07-2013),gonnabeaGR8mum  (07-07-2013),Purple Lily  (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your right I don't know you. ..don't know many ppl just going by what I read from both of your previous posts. I can feel the time coming through from some of them. It's not a nice one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Being a sahm doesn't necessarily mean women sit at home. ..they have hobbies...study....other interests. And you can't get any extra money if your not entitled to it...u can lie and fraud and eventually get caught but if your only entitled to a certain amouny then thats all u can ever get.

Why do you have a problem with women not eventually going back to work? Some women get involved in their kids school. Some women volunteer. There's so many reasons why a woman doesn't go back to work. What if she can't find part time school hours? ? And there is no one to pick up the kids? ? Sooo many situations where your blanket statement doesn't apply.
    It's a personal choice to be a stay at home mum... Just like its a personal choice to buy a car... Do I expect the government to fund my choices, no.

Short term government is fantastic.. I agree that all mothers should have the option to take a year off to spend with their kids... But when does it stop? And why does being a mum give you the excuse not to work?? Especially if your kids are in school or high school when they can catch a bus home.

To be clear.. If you can afford to stay at home then great. But I get sick of hearing how hard done by SAHMS are. If you want more money, work!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

Leighlu  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your right I don't know you. ..don't know many ppl just going by what I read from both of your previous posts. I can feel the time coming through from some of them. It's not a nice one.
    What are you on about? I wrote that I don't think PPL and BB should be the same amount. I think PPL should be more which it is. You also agree with this so I don't see why you think what I have written is so unpleasant.

Did you read the posts between delirium and I on this thread? If you have, and you still think that about me, and think my views are the same as cassie's then I think you are having issues comprehending my posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Just to be clear Cassieh - women simply can't stay at home when their kids are in primary or high school and still get payments. They have to look for work or study. So that is a moot point. The tax payer is not paying for women to stay home when their kids are to school.

I don't think anyone is saying SAHM's are badly done by. I've been a working mum and a SAHM and I love my life. I'm just tired of the constant bagging out of SAHMs and the double standards from some working mums who are happy to receive support themselves which is well above the BB (and again, I support that) then whinge about the BB. Just seems hypocritical......

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-07-2013),beebs  (08-07-2013),ChickyBee  (06-07-2013),Lil M  (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    It's a personal choice to be a stay at home mum... Just like its a personal choice to buy a car... Do I expect the government to fund my choices, no.

Short term government is fantastic.. I agree that all mothers should have the option to take a year off to spend with their kids... But when does it stop? And why does being a mum give you the excuse not to work?? Especially if your kids are in school or high school when they can catch a bus home.

To be clear.. If you can afford to stay at home then great. But I get sick of hearing how hard done by SAHMS are. If you want more money, work!
    I just want to clarify something in this post and another post you had similar. You can only receive partnered pp as a sahm until your youngest turns 6 and single pp until your youngest turns 8.

The above, along with your lack of knowledge about the amount of tax you get back as a single mum, shows that you really have no idea what you're on about. You're just trying to put down sahms and your reasoning is not justified.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-07-2013),delirium  (06-07-2013),Lillynix  (06-07-2013),peanutmonkey  (06-07-2013),Purple Lily  (06-07-2013),SoThisIsLove  (07-07-2013)