+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk EnJayDee View Post
    This is the bit that's getting me. Why should I have to look for a job when my kids are at school? I will be doing canteen duty, drop offs, pick ups, volunteering. To help and benefit my children. I don't believe there is any where else my time would be better spent.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    so you volunteer, do canteen duty or whatever 5 days a week?
    I work 4 days a week, I still get to attend sports carnivals, I will take a day off work to assistance in the classroom on my rostered day if it falls on a work day. I'm also on the school committee. And I also take my child to and from school. Just because I work doesn't mean I miss out on participating.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 08-07-2013 at 16:31.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Starlight - if you are happy with things as they are, then don't worry what others are doing. As I said, my Dh's taxes pay for lots of things other people, often on higher incomes than us, utilise that we never will. That's just the way things go. Just bc we will never use a private school doesn't mean I begrudge his taxes subsiding other families. His taxes are helping pay for your CC, or the home buyers grant you got, your taxes help pay my FTB. It all works out in the end

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-07-2013),beebs  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Starlight - if you are happy with things as they are, then don't worry what others are doing. As I said, my Dh's taxes pay for lots of things other people, often on higher incomes than us, utilise that we never will. That's just the way things go. Just bc we will never use a private school doesn't mean I begrudge his taxes subsiding other families. His taxes are helping pay for your CC, or the home buyers grant you got, your taxes help pay my FTB. It all works out in the end
    I would love to see even half of what my DH pays in tax a year in benefits ..... Oh how that would be nice. But none the less his taxes go towards other things like you explained and funding other national projects, no biggie

Me(21)
    DH(25)
    DS aka monster(4)
    DD aka moo(2)
    Tank(mastiff x)
    Echo(oz blue cattle)
    =
    **Happy family**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    So kids don't cost anything once they ho back to school?

What does a mum do who can't get work in school hours? Pay for after school care just so she can go and work and take little pay home? ? Didn't someone mention that afterschool care is like $60?? Thats like half a days pay for some ppl!! Imagine that times 3!!

Do u realky think there are enough jobs out there for every single person to have a job? ? Aren't u hearing on the news of places closing down and ppl losing their jobs??

And being a sahm is not just about being able to volunteer at the school canteen. Who will pick up kids from school everyday? ?
    What so you just don't even try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It doesn't worry me, annoy maybe. And if the rest of your post was aimed at me then as I have already said, it's not the fact that it's taxes that fund the payments that annoys me! I just think it is an unfair system and I believe the money could be better spent elsewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Delirium, I don't really understand what you are finding offensive about Starlight's posts. She's been very clear about that fact that she has nothing against SAHMs. She is merely stating that it shouldn't be a lifestyle that is supported financially by the government. Do you disagree with that?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (09-07-2013),Star Light  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's the implication that unless a woman goes back to work when her children are school aged then she is having her 'lifestyle' funded by the government that is getting peoples' backs up.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-07-2013),dancingchipmunk  (09-07-2013),delirium  (08-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (08-07-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (08-07-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (08-07-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Light View Post
    It doesn't worry me, annoy maybe. And if the rest of your post was aimed at me then as I have already said, it's not the fact that it's taxes that fund the payments that annoys me! I just think it is an unfair system and I believe the money could be better spent elsewhere.
    I don't know why you are getting so cranky, I'm just discussing with you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think people are saying that it only an issue if it IS being funded by the government. I don't think anyone is making any comments about what people do with their own money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know why you are getting so cranky, I'm just discussing with you.
    No you're not discussing it, you are putting words in my mouth and accusing me of saying or inferring things that I haven't. (oh and it takes a lot more than this to make me cranky by the way).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Light For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (09-07-2013)