+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Light View Post
    What type of payments do SAHM's actually receive once their children have entered school? Could anyone enlighten me?
    If you're partnered, once your youngest turns 6 you receive the same as working mums; school kids bonus, ftb a & b and possibly others that I'm forgetting. The same applies for a single parent once their youngest turns 8.

You may also be eligible for newstart if you are looking for work and are deemed eligible.

Usually at this point the only people able to be sahms are those that are funded by their partners or those that live in absolute poverty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    New start (payment you get whilst looking for work) or a study payment (have to enrol in a course of some kind) then the usuall FTB payments

Me(21)
    DH(25)
    DS aka monster(4)
    DD aka moo(2)
    Tank(mastiff x)
    Echo(oz blue cattle)
    =
    **Happy family**
    Oh so in theory you should really be looking for work or studying while receiving these payments??

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=redlipsandpearls;7331286]If you're partnered, once your youngest turns 6 you receive the same as working mums; school kids bonus, ftb a & b and possibly others that I'm forgetting. The same applies for a single parent once their youngest turns 8.

You may also be eligible for newstart if you are looking for work and are deemed eligible.

Usually at this point the only people able to be sahms are those that are funded by their partners or those that live in absolute poverty.[/QUOTE]Really?? Or people who are claiming single parent payments while partnered LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Light View Post
    Oh so in theory you should really be looking for work or studying while receiving these payments??
    If you want those payments otherwise the only payment would be FTB and whatever new ones the introduce (ie schools kids bonus)

Me(21)
    DH(25)
    DS aka monster(4)
    DD aka moo(2)
    Tank(mastiff x)
    Echo(oz blue cattle)
    =
    **Happy family**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KassMeow View Post
    I just want to chime in with my support. As a working mother the only government help I get is with child care. I work 4 days a week and those days end up being around 11 hrs away from home with my travel. I leave at 5am and don't see my son from when I put him to sleep at 7pm until 3:30-4pm the next day. I do pretty much all of the housework/cooking/chores etc and I pretty much get stuff all time to do things I'd like to do. I work hard and at the end of the day don't have much money to show for it nor do I have endless time to devote to my son. What annoys me about some sahm in certain situations is that they get to spend 24/7 with their kids and house and get all kinds of help from the government (tax payers). If ppl want to be sahm mums that's fine, but why should the tax payers fund it?
    Meow indeed.

My husband & I pay a great deal of tax, should I be complaining about why we are subsidizing the care of your children when you could be taking care of them yourself?

I mean really, how ridiculous. We pay tax because it benefits all of us in countless ways, this petty b1tching about it is absolutely revolting and definitely a first world problem!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

1234Guest  (08-07-2013),atomicmama  (08-07-2013),beebs  (08-07-2013),delirium  (08-07-2013),Isabellabean  (11-07-2013),mel04  (08-07-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (08-07-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-07-2013),Purple Lily  (08-07-2013),wilding  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay - a p*ssing competition about how much tax we pay and how much that entitles us to stuff!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (08-07-2013),beebs  (08-07-2013),dancingchipmunk  (08-07-2013),delirium  (08-07-2013),giggle berry  (08-07-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-07-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (08-07-2013),wilding  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With the whole waah my tax money's funding it. My DH pays in my mind alot of tax but you don't hear me having a whinge about who gets what. I'm sure there are bigger problems we could all be investing our time and energy on.

Me(21)
    DH(25)
    DS aka monster(4)
    DD aka moo(2)
    Tank(mastiff x)
    Echo(oz blue cattle)
    =
    **Happy family**

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    If you're thinking that way, why should the government help with childcare fees because you choose to send your child there?

I'm not against childcare assistance, just people that are okay to receive something for themselves but not others.
    As a working mum who pays taxes I sure am going to accept the cheaper daycare so I can actually go to work and support my family. So don't even try to debate me on that one. I don't get Ftb a or b or rent assistance or whatever else everyone else seems to get. I could be a sahm and get way more from the government but hey, that's not who I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And as cassieh has done, I am stepping out of this thread. I stated my opinion and don't have the time to debate it on an Internet forum I will go back to reading and not participating unless someone needs help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Futuremumma I'm not sure that you are understanding that I am supporting government assistance for SAHM if they need it (minus the FEW dodgy people).

My partner and I won't qualify for any FTB because of our income and that's okay. For those who do that's also okay because clearly they need it due to lower income.

My whole point is that those who are happy to have a lower income so that they can be at home or tuck shop or wherever is not an issue for me.

I understand that value in people doing both. If everyone was happy to stay home and have a lower income then the economy would shift. If too many decided to return there wouldn't enough jobs and the economy would shift. I get that there needs to be a balance and therefore I have no issues with parents who wish to stay home. I think the part that a lot of people are missing is the help the government gives is peanuts. We aren't talking about huge amounts of money and people living it up without returning to the workforce. I know people who are in this situation and even with these benefits they are doing it tough to have that lifestyle.

Again, I am saying that I don't think it's an issue for SAHM's to get what they are currently getting from the government.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-07-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (08-07-2013),Theboys&me  (08-07-2013)