Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing to read all replies later & respond

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read all the replys but as a working mother I get no assistance from the govt yet if I become a sahm I get discounts on childcare , sorta defeats the purpose for me.
    When we had a business we were able to claim all the benefits as we were able to structure our income, there is a lot of people who can do this but I am not sure it is fair.
    Last edited by lulu 2; 08-07-2013 at 09:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    But I think once a child is at school & is past the point of needing someone to look after them all day.. I don't think it's completely outrageous & unbelievable to expect a sahm to seek employment if she can...
    This is the bit that's getting me. Why should I have to look for a job when my kids are at school? I will be doing canteen duty, drop offs, pick ups, volunteering. To help and benefit my children. I don't believe there is any where else my time would be better spent.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Turk EnJayDee; 08-07-2013 at 10:22.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

Firsttimemummabear  (29-07-2013),FrothyFrog  (08-07-2013),HugsBunny  (08-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (08-07-2013),Pina Colada  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 2 kids in school and 1 in kindy.....I am far busier now then when they were babies!!!!! I love school holidays!

Tuckshop duty, classroom/kindy helper, excursions, sports days, dance exams and eisteddfods.....after school activities 4 out of 5 days, homework...
    Last edited by Pina Colada; 08-07-2013 at 10:30.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pina Colada For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (08-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (08-07-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    I have 2 kids in school and 1 in kindy.....I am far busier now then when they were babies!!!!! I love school holidays!

Tuckshop duty, classroom/kindy helper, excursions, sports days, dance exams and eisteddfods.....after school activities 4 out of 5 days, homework...
    Yes this is exactly me! I'm far busier now than I ever was when all 3 were little. I do work 1 day a week but my kids love that I'm present at the school, attend assembly, class parties, sports days & help the teacher.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pigeonpairplusone For This Useful Post:

delirium  (08-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (08-07-2013),Pina Colada  (08-07-2013),SoThisIsLove  (08-07-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Without trying to derail the tread, I'm sorry but I actually don't think that people rorting the system is as rare as you are all making it out to be. I personally know of numerous people (for example claiming single parent payment while in a relationship) and I have friends who have told me they know of more people. One of the people claiming single parenting payments while her partner is living with her 'earns' more money per fortnight (including all government benefits) than me working 3-4 days per week. While this does not personally effect me, for some reason it really annoys me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Light View Post
    Without trying to derail the tread, I'm sorry but I actually don't think that people rorting the system is as rare as you are all making it out to be. I personally know of numerous people (for example claiming single parent payment while in a relationship) and I have friends who have told me they know of more people. One of the people claiming single parenting payments while her partner is living with her 'earns' more money per fortnight (including all government benefits) than me working 3-4 days per week. While this does not personally effect me, for some reason it really annoys me.
    Oh, come on
    Of course it happens but it certainly wouldn't be every single person that cassieh knows, as she claims. If you have young children and have anything to do with other parents, there will be several that are receiving assistance and most, if not all, would be doing the right thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Oh, come on
    Of course it happens but it certainly wouldn't be every single person that cassieh knows, as she claims. If you have young children and have anything to do with other parents, there will be several that are receiving assistance and most, if not all, would be doing the right thing.
    I realise this But don't make it out to sound like bludgers and druggies are the only ones taking advantage. This is simply not true. And while the majority are doing the right thing, the amount who aren't is a bit disheartening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Light View Post
    I realise this But don't make it out to sound like bludgers and druggies are the only ones taking advantage. This is simply not true. And while the majority are doing the right thing, the amount who aren't is a bit disheartening.
    I'm pretty sure the only person that has made it sound like only 'druggies and bludgers' do the wrong thing is cassieh, who is under the impression that all SAHMs fit into that category.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Firsttimemummabear  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only person that has made it sound like only 'druggies and bludgers' do the wrong thing is cassieh, who is under the impression that all SAHMs fit into that category.
    Hahahahahahahahaha. Oh god, don't be so ridiculous. I'm not bothering to respond anymore as you obviously only read what you want to read. This whole thread is about SAHMS expecting more money than people that work.

And the reality is, they shouldn't. Self funded SAHMS I have no problem with. But no, I don't think the government should support SAHMS for the rest of their life so they can volunteer at tuck shop. End of story. I won't be responding again.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (08-07-2013),KassMeow  (08-07-2013)