+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The existing PPL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post

I think it's incredibly frustrating that a mother I know has 3 kids that are all at school, yet she still hasn't got a job... I can understand mothers wanting to be at home with their kids, but when does it end??? Surely once the kids are at school (and not even at home) then that should be a time when the mum seeks at least part time employment??
    I will not be going back to work. Most likely ever. Df and I have very strong views on what my role is. I have always wanted to have children and sah to look after them.

I worked 3 jobs for 15 years before having them so believe I was definitely entitled to the payment I got. (Only bb and no ftb).

However, had we not made a MASSIVE sacrifice after dd was born, I would have been back at work after 6 weeks (no PPL at that time and employer wouldn't pay mat leave due to awesome work choices)

Our sacrifice was to move from nsw to wa so df could work AWAY from his baby and myself and earn a decent wage so we could actually afford to put a roof over our heads.

Even then, my wage was never "supplememted". But why should I HAVE to go back to work because you believe that's what all people should do these days?

I believe I am best helping my family by being taking them to school, picking them up and being able to go to school 'events' to support my kids. And why shouldn't I have that choice?

If we decided to go back 'home', I would have to go back to full time work, our combined income including govt payments wouldn't even be 2/3 of what we get now (which believe me for a fifo family is very little as it is) and my kids would not have what I wish to provide for them. Which is their mum, at home and available for them and looking after the house, bills etc.

Why should I HAVE to go back to work when my kids are at school or moved out? Why can society not understand that some women want to sah and be a 'house wife' from the second their first bub is born, until their dh retires and they can enjoy the rest of their lives. Surely you don't think it's all lunches and coffee and "housewives of [insert town here])" I'm not costing you anything.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

gonnabeaGR8mum  (07-07-2013),Lauzy83  (08-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum was a SAHM because my dad earned more than enough for us to live comfortably without her having to go to work. She never got any assistance because of my dads income and I agree that it was not needed therefore shouldn't have been available.

My partner and I have agreed that she will take approx 6-7 months off work when we have bub (3 months paid mat leave from work and the other 3-4 months ppl). On ppl her income will be about half of what it normally is - but it's our choice to use the benefit so no problems there.

We both pay a lot in taxes and don't qualify for FTB a or b and the CCB is a bit of a laugh but having said that, we are fortunate to not need to rely on it

Others are not as fortunate and need assistance to be able to support their families etc and that's okay. We don't hold it against anyone whether you want to work or stay at home. It doesn't bother me what benefits others are getting if they are needed. I wouldn't be impressed if someone was sitting at home and getting benefits from the government if they had enough financial support from their partner/spouse - simply because that money could be helping someone in need not just someone who wants it.

All that matters to me is that we will be able to support our family in the way we want to

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rainbowbabe...if you report your partner's and your income properly centrelink won't give you a cent more than your entitled to...so that is impossible unless your dishonest about it.

Like you turknjay ive worked for 14 years and can't believe I've even got a son...paud tax/hecs etc. I might go back to work one day as I do plan on doing future study but I want nothing more than to he a sahm...I actually left work after going going back from mat leave...as it was the best choice for me.

I'm all for ppl getting more in ppl. Don't have a problem one bit. I don't expect the govt to support me but am grateful I can get that assistance.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

gonnabeaGR8mum  (07-07-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    I agree with you.

Also, I figure I've paid considerable tax on what I've earned working full time for the past decade, so it's nice to get something back (at a time when it is much appreciated .
    Exactly this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Unbelievable that a SAHM would expect the same amount as PPL.
    I agree. It's one's choice to be a sahm or a working mum. I wouldn't expect to be paid if I chose to to be a sahm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know that proudmumma. I wasn't suggesting Centrelink hand out money where it's not needed knowingly.

I have clearly said that I having nothing against them helping those in need. I simply said I wouldn't be impressed if someone was getting help that didn't need it - I used to know someone like that and I have removed her from my life because I don't need to know someone like that... So yes it can be done and it does happen but I know that it's not the same for everyone else. That's why I mentioned that for those in need it's not an issue for me and for those who don't need it then I get annoyed because there people out there who do.

I really wasn't coming from a bad place, like I said I have seen dishonest people and they are the only ones I have a problem with - not everyone else.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    I think it's incredibly frustrating that a mother I know has 3 kids that are all at school, yet she still hasn't got a job... I can understand mothers wanting to be at home with their kids, but when does it end??? Surely once the kids are at school (and not even at home) then that should be a time when the mum seeks at least part time employment??
    Why is it frustrating? How does it affect you? If they can afford for her to stay at home, then honestly, why not?

Cassieh, what exactly is the point of this thread? You started off talking about BB & PPL, the brought up someone who claims to get a 6k tax return & now you're frustrated by someone who continues to SAH after the kids are all at school.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (08-07-2013),Anjalee  (07-07-2013),atomicmama  (08-07-2013),beebs  (08-07-2013),HugsBunny  (07-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-07-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-07-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    Why is it frustrating? How does it affect you? If they can afford for her to stay at home, then honestly, why not?
    Exactly this. I wish I didn't have to work! As I've learnt since my DD started school, I miss out on so much because I work I wish I could stay at home so I could be more involved in her school life.

If people can afford to stay home and want to, then that is awesome! Just as its awesome if a mum wants to return to work. Doesn't bother me in the slightest who does what.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (07-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am a stay at home mum and have been most of the last 19 years and I will be for ever more. I really don't care what other think about that. I know we have made the right decision for our family. We have sacrificed a lot for me to stay at home and so we don't earn a lot who cares, We are happy.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (08-07-2013),atomicmama  (08-07-2013),HugsBunny  (07-07-2013),mel04  (08-07-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-07-2013),SoThisIsLove  (07-07-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (07-07-2013)