+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 50th Birthday Ideas

So its my mums 50th next year and I'm determined to put on a fabulous party for her.
    Its not til August but I like to be organised and have been running through a few ideas in my head.
    We have set the date and my mum knows she is having a party. Thats all she is allowed to know! She can give me a list of people she would like to see there and that will be about it. I'd hate to forget someone.
    So I was thinking of having a 60's party, dress up etc..
    Maybe there are some other ideas out there though. I want to hand make all the invites and there will be a few so was hoping to get some ideas so as to start putting some ideas on paper.
    Any help/ideas would be appreciated
    Xx

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Splurge and get a roaming magician! We had one at my mums 50th and it was AMAZING!! I want him to just come to dinner one night and do tricks haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Splurge and get a roaming magician! We had one at my mums 50th and it was AMAZING!! I want him to just come to dinner one night and do tricks haha
    I have never even heard of this "roaming magician" you speak of! I shall Google it!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A magician that comes to yur party but rather than just doing a "show", he/she will roam around the party doing different tricks. The one we got for my mums party was just awesome....did a rope trick with me and DP, got a guests mobile stuck inside an inflated balloon....and heaps more. Its good entertainment that people dont have to all gather around for...though ppl were gathering cos his stuff was gold!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rather than 60's which she probably wouldn't remember much of what about an 80's theme. That's what I remember as being "the" time of my life (48 this year). The music, the make-up, the hair!!! LOL Just like that AAMI ad when she's in the car and sees her younger self pull up next to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon a 70s or 80s party would go down well for a 50th. Someone who is turning 50 this year would've been in their 20s at around that time so that's probably the music/fashion they'd most relate to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are great ideas. I was thinking a dress up party in the chosen theme.. what did you wear in the 80s??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMrs View Post
    These are great ideas. I was thinking a dress up party in the chosen theme.. what did you wear in the 80s??
    Things I would rather not admit to now!

I did love my bubble skirt and my rah rah skirt. Why I ever tried to crimp my hair I'll never know.

Think big hair, shoulder pads and leg warmers and you should be on the right track.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was born in '77, but I did own a leotard like this in the late 80s...very embarrassed to admit it!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1372580888.173233.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mums was a black and white party..everyone wore black and white only and my mum wore bright pink She obviously doesnt like to blend in haha