+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    In house birthdays are started off with balloons on your bed if your kid. We all climb into our bed and open presents, than we have cake and caramel tart (dd1 and I don't like cake). The person who birthday it is gets to choose what I make for dinner. On my birthday dh cooks.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    yeah I find myself in a bad mood eventually on my birthdays.. it annoys me because for everyone else's b'day, including dh's, I go out of my way organising things, plus cake etc, but for mine nobody says anything. and dh says "'why didn't you buy yourself a cake?'' Why would I buy MYSELF a cake?! I would have thought he would at least go buy it.
    I would put a reminder on his phone. Buy wife a birthday cake and a present or baby dancing for a whole year for you buddy. To come up a few days before your birthday and the day before. I know that they are just suppose to remember but a little reminder never hurts.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (30-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love making a fuss for other people's birthdays, but really would rather forget mine. It's just another day for me, and I know that I'm a difficult person to buy for, so I usually end up with some cash or gift cards, which is really not very exciting!
    But a couple of years ago, DH asked me what I wanted to do on my birthday and I wrote him a list and emailed it to him!
    There was nothing expensive or difficult to arrange on there- I asked for coffee in bed, to not have to change any nappies or give any medicine to my DD, who had terrible reflux and screamed when she had her meds. I asked to go out for breakfast, choose some beautiful flowers at the shops, go home and watch a movie, have an afternoon nap...
    And I had a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, not really.

I tend to celebrate my birthday for my daughter's sake. Like, we go out to lunch, somewhere SHE likes. Or watch a movie together (so something child-friendly). Or whatever.

I do like eating cake though. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My bday was yesterday and I asked for a day off.

I got to go shopping and had some me time. I actually spent some money on myself instead of the kids!

In the arvo we all just hung out together, sang happy bday and enjoyed time.

It wasn't as perfect as being on a beach in Spain (what a did for my 30th) but it was still nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tell DP I want a sleep in and flowers. That's all. I don't like much fuss either just something simple. Thought that counts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't really do much for each others bdays mostly because if we want something we'll just buy it, if we want to go away we just go and we go out for dinner at least once a week.

Next year though I told dh I would like to go away as my bday falls a week after my very first Mother's Day so I would like it to be just the 3 of us for Mother's Day and my bday

Thanks
    Reviews
    We go out for dinner on both my birthday and DH birthday with our family and a few close friends. Theres usualy about 25 of us for my birthday and about 15 for DH.
    We do this each year and we organise and invite people ourselves.
    That way no one forgets!!
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think birthdays are an important occasion. I always plan something big for myself. This year DP and I are having a joint birthday (we are a day apart) then a couple of days later DD1 is 14 followed closely by DD2 who is turning 3.

We always do cake and a family dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't really enjoyed my birthday since I turned 19, just another day to me.
    I do like making a big deal of everyone else's though.