+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my update is ... stitch looks fine, baby looks fine but still really concerned. Even thou stitch is holding together the funneling is still happening behind there.
    Really its just if u feel anything at all come in or call (even got the registra mobile).

Soo they say lets just try to get past 24wks (9days away) & then we can discuss the next options. In other words if yr baby is viable & makes it to 24wks we will do everything we can & discuss NICU plus outcomes etc. From the sound of it if I make it past these next 9 days noone expects me to make even 30wks. F**k it! Oh & try not stress its not good for yr baby!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OMGReally For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to hear, OMGReally. Hopefully it holds it in together til 24 weeks (hopefully longer)! Are you on complete bedrest now? Well I went to my scan yesterday and I was measuring at 18mm. Apparently last time it was measuring around 18mm-20mm (don't know where I got the other numbers from last post) so the doc was confident that the progesterones are working and he put me on them for another month. He said to take it easy and I asked about going back to work. I said I was sitting down etc and he seemed to think I could go back. However I've got another scan next week so I guess if it gets any shorter, will be going on strict bedrest. Fingers crossed for all of us!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ginzy89 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So Iv made 24wks.

Cervix is currently holding at the stitch (measly measurement of 0.4mm).

And consensus is I will go into preterm labour but no guarentees on any time frames just week by week hospy visits atm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OMGReally For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on making it to 24 weeks! I really hope that bub stays in for a few more weeks for you. Just make sure you stay in end bed!

Last thurs I had another US and I was measuring 9mm! Pretty halved in a week. So am on bedrest for two weeks then I will have to go in for another assessment. Also, I had a swab done and it turns out I had an infection which causes preterm delivery so I've been on antibiotics for that. The doc seems to think that treating it would make it all better but perhaps it's looking like I will be on BR for the rest of the preg.. A couple of days to go til I reach 24 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any follow up?

I am 20w and found out today my cervix is 2cm and a funny shape.
    My OB sent me home and told me not to worry and that they wouldn't stitch unless it was under 1cm. I have another OB appointment in Tuesday and I am just so worried as people keep telling me different things and its taken me nearly 5 years to get pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As advised to me when I first heard this news myself - get a second opinion.

It really depends on the doctors & the area/hospital.

I was booked in Manly they said to wait & do nothing but have another scan at RoyalNthShore in a fortnight. Well I stressed & got myself put forward a week. When I went for scan my cervix had shrunk again to 0.8 they admitted me same day for a cervical cerlage (stitch). I transferred my care to RNS straight away. Manly told me I wouldnt get to 28wks - guess what Im 28wks tomoz.

Do what u think is right - make a couple of calls to other hosp near you, cry if u have to. Then make yr decision. Although it is different as i said for every docs opinion.

I have stitch put in & cervix length has been 0.4mm only for now 7wks & bedrest at home. Im now 28wks.
    Ginzy has 0.3mm cervix & her doc has admitted her to hospital bedrest with no stitch & progestrone to ward off contractions. I think now at 26wks?

As there is no definate outcomes for cervix issues there r different opinions...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OMGReally For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely would get a second opinion. 2cm at 20 weeks is pretty sure and I'll tell you what mine went from 1.8cm to 9mm in a week and just kept getting shorter. Have been on hospital bedrest for two weeks now (2 weeks at home before that) and my last scan pretty much showed no closed cervix. And made it to 27 weeks today! Crossing my fingers for another 3 weeks.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginzy89 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-08-2013),OMGReally  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops I meant pretty *short

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will talk to my OB on Tuesday - my mum is coming too as I want firm reasons and explanations to why he think what is the best option is what it is etc. and I get a bit baby brained lol
    If I don't get a satisfactory answer or he has no continuously plan to monitor me ill seek a second opinion.

Anyone have a reason why this happens ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one knows for sure but some women are just born with a short cervix or have had a procedure done on their cervix previously, could be a damage to their cervix from previous labour etc. The docs can't give me a reason for mine cause I delivered at 39 weeks with my first.

Just take it easy until your next appt. keep off your feet as much as possible