+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I make DH's lunch (when I can be bothered before bed!) and I don't mind in the slightest.

We both work really hard, him outside the home and me in, so we both do what we can to make the other's life easier. If he was demanding I'd tell him to get lost!

I don't think this is a negative thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I do. I was sending DH with left overs but his new site doesn't have a microwave.

I went through a stage where I would send him with fantastic noodles every few days but he said that was embarrassing as all the other guys have a nice packed lunch an he's sitting there eating noodles.

I do the same thing most days - 2 ham,avo,cheese,lettuce and tomato sandwiches. An apple a mandarin, a musli bar and an up and go for breakfast. Oh an a cold bottle of water and a cold bottle of orange cordial.

I generally feel like its my role as I only work part time and we are trying to save money and he easily spends $10 a day on 1 sandwich and 1 drink if I don't make it so its a win win. We get supplied lunch at work so I would make mine along with if that were the case.

He is up at 5:15 every morning and gets home at 5pm every night and when he gets home he will help me with the house things I couldn't do during the day (this increases the more pregnant I get lol)

He also works allot of weekends doing a second job, so I feel the packs lunches is my way of contributing if that makes sense?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (30-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmmm I would do if he would eat it. He likes junk that I refuse to cook or have in the house. He will occasionally take leftovers. He wouldn't eat what I make for DS... fruit, crackers, sandwiches and scones etc... okay he would eat scones but like ten of them

His current job however he gets meals from the staff restaurant so he is sorted there.

If he didn't get his food for free I would soooo rather make it for him as it is more cost effective than what he buys and it is better for him. No biggy to make some extra sandwiches or chuck extra fruit together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't make my hubby's lunch. He makes mine. When I'm on maternity leave I hope to help out but I've already pre warned him he'll need to leave me food ready for the day while I tend to Bub. It's just always been his job to deal with food in the house. I don't cook dinner a lot either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Bub View Post
    I don't make my hubby's lunch. He makes mine. When I'm on maternity leave I hope to help out but I've already pre warned him he'll need to leave me food ready for the day while I tend to Bub. It's just always been his job to deal with food in the house. I don't cook dinner a lot either.
    am quite jealous

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When dp was working (during the couple years that I was finishing high school before we went off to uni) I'd make him his lunch.. Which was kind of weird cause I could never be bothered to make my own :/

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do, I just pack leftovers and fruit, maybe a packet of popcorn or something like that. If I don't send lunch he will buy it, and we can't afford $20 a day on sh!t food, which is what he will buy!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:

upforroundtwo  (30-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will now he is working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh makes mine too but I will often pack his lunch with his cooking left overs and maybe wrap a chocolate slice or some cookies for him.
    Love that I don't cook but hard when dh is working and I need to eat. Haha sounds bad. But I'm so bad in the kitchen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He has a full staff that supply him with three meals a day... In the camp mess. Haha.

I did make his lunch for a while (before he went off to the mines) but that fell by the way side and he did it himself. I'd take left overs, and there wasn't enough for two. He was happy enough to make his own though, I just made sure there was enough food in the house for him.

When he is home (on days off) he usually deals with breakfast and lunch for all of us, and I cook dinner.