+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you think of this - Friend tells me she sees me in the shopping centre

I have a friend who I don't see that often. My life is busy because I am a carer and don't get a chance to catch up with friends that often. I had promised her that we would meet up soon (on a day when I can get someone to help me out) Hopefully that day will be soon. I managed to contact my friend the other day and I was sharing with her how I don't feel the heat and still wearing summer clothing. She replied,"Ï know - I see you at the shopping centre sometimes and you don't have much on!"I was taken back! I shop twice a week and she sees me but doesn't come up to me and say "Hi" How would you feel about this? I almost felt a bit creeped, like I am being stalked!!

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe she has seen you in passing and was busy doing something and didn't have the time to chat?? I often see friends at the shops but can't be bothered to chat so kinda avoid running into them (cranky kids and tired mum just trying to escape the shops lol), however I wouldn't do that to a good friend, just people I see here and there iykwim... I don't think it sounds creepy though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It doesn't sound creepy to me. She is probably too busy to stop and talk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I see people I know in the distance quite often and don't say hello. Often they are rushing off in another direction (or I'm in a rush, or have grumpy kids). I wouldn't find it creepy.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with everyone else.

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happens a lot with my friends and colleagues, we're usually caught up with something and see someone from a little way away but don't stop because we have something else on. We're all understanding of that, life is busy these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I don't know why that equates to creepy/stalking in your mind. Pretty odd assumption imo.

She likely didn't have time to talk to you, or you were too far away and she was going in the opposite direction, or she was with someone... The list goes on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret of Cleo View Post
    Happens a lot with my friends and colleagues, we're usually caught up with something and see someone from a little way away but don't stop because we have something else on. We're all understanding of that, life is busy these days.
    This ... Sometimes if I'm shopping for something in particular I just want to get it and get out. I'm in the zone and if I stop ill probably forget what I was there for lol

Just because she sees you doesn't mean she is near you following you around. I certainly don't go running across the shop to say "hi" to someone, perhaps you were walking into a shop while she was driving past?
    Last edited by mummyrissa; 29-06-2013 at 22:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I just read and reread that a few times, I dont understand the problem?

From what you've written, sounds perfectly fine to me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unless it was a very close friend and happened regularly....no I don't find this weird at all sorry.

With a b/f newborn, my shopping trips are timed with military precision between feeds at the moment. So I'd be annoyed if I was forced to have a chat with someone that I wasn't close to if I was in a hurry!