+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    bear in mind that it may take a few days for their tummy to get used to which ever formula you choose, as its harder to digest than breast milk. You'll probably know after a week or so if it suits them or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely Bellamy's!

We had trouble with S26 at the start. And it tastes like shiz!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used nan ha for dd but now am using heinz nurture for DS. We have only done an occasional bottle but so far so good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heinz nurture is great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennie View Post
    Please stay away from s26, a lot of babies get a lot of pain from constipation & wind from this formula. Try Bellamys organic or karicare Aptimal HA plus.
    This is true for my baby. Started mix feeding him with this as the shop I went to at the time didn't have anything else in stock for newborns. He is very farty and has disturbed sleep due to pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're now using Karicare Plus. Started out with Aptamil Gold, even tried a tin of the HA and bub was having a lot of wind in the evening and only pooing every 2-3 days with a lot of effort. I bought the Karicare Plus and a tin of Karicare Comfort because the shops around us had run out of the Aptamil Gold - we've been using it for about a week now and bub is much happier. No bad wind episodes in evenings or grunting, straining effort to poo - she goes once a day now with hardly any effort.

Apparently the "gold" formulas in most brands have quite a bit of iron which a lot of bubs have difficulty digesting. My paediatrician said that basically all formulas are the same, don't get fooled into the names they call each product - what's best for your baby is that they are getting fed. What works well for your bub can be completely different for someone else.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just go to the shelf and grab any stage 1 formula, probably start with something cheap like Heinz nurture. Every formula sold in Aust must meet strict standards and it really is pot-luck what your baby will or won't react well to.

Gold formulas made both my babies bind up. I mixed fed both my babies, knowing that they are still getting breastmilk meant I wasn't as concerned about getting a formula with all the extras. DS has been happy on quite a few brands - but he's just been an easy baby. DD only ever agreed with SMA and then Nurture stage2 at 6months but she was a much more sensitive baby overall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD became very unsettled at 5mo at my paed suggested trying goats milk formula as it was gentler. Obviously I want what's best for DD but we were in Heinz Nurture which was $16 a tin, the goats milk is $32!! Ow!