+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2.5 yo wetting himself constantly

DS is 2.5 years old and has been outof nappies for about 3 months. Hes been great with toilet training etc. He still wears a nappy during naps and at night.

Recently he has been wetting himself constantly. He wet him self 3 times the other day. He will still do poo in the toilet (thanks goodness).

Im not sure what to do. I dont really wana put him in nappies again but its getting silly now. Id hate for him to start doing poo in nappies again. He used to tell me when we were out that he needed to go and hed just go when we were home but now (even at home) he just goes. No warning, nothing.

Anyone experience this? What should i do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep i'm currently going through this at the moment my DD is 3 in 4 months and has been toilet trained for the last 7 months. She trained really quickly for wees and poos and had no accidents. She's still in a night nappy but usually wakes dry.

But lately the last few weeks she's having accidents all the time. Only at home though today she had 5 wee accidents and only did 1 wee on the toilet. It's driving me nuts

Sorry I can't help but just letting you know i'm in the same boat and have no idea what to do either

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would put him back in nappies. My son only stopped wearing them at about 4 years. He still wears a night nappy. He was completely dry day and night for a few months around three then just went backwards. Wasn't worth the stress for either of us to force the issue. When he was ready he went out of the day nappies (only a few months later).

Your son is only 2.5 so still young. Some kids start earlier but many don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way would I put him back in nappies! My DD is 2 and 4 months, she's been toilet trained for 7 months (I did not push this, she did it herself and I followed her lead). This week she's had a wee accident everyday, I know it's frustrating but it's just a little phase (shes gone theough this before), I'm sure if you wait it out in a week or 2 he'll be back to using the toilet. Maybe just keep asking him every 20mins if he needs to do a wee etc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (30-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    No way would I put him back in nappies! My DD is 2 and 4 months, she's been toilet trained for 7 months (I did not push this, she did it herself and I followed her lead). This week she's had a wee accident everyday, I know it's frustrating but it's just a little phase (shes gone theough this before), I'm sure if you wait it out in a week or 2 he'll be back to using the toilet. Maybe just keep asking him every 20mins if he needs to do a wee etc
    Thanks. I kind of figured its a phase. Glad to know im not the only one. Its hard cos as soon as you say they are 2 and toilet trained everyone says 'oh hes so young, put his back in nappies'. Thats the last thing i wana do. I think ive maybe been a bit relaxed with asking him to go toilet lately. Hes been doing so well i guess i was kinda thinking a bit too much of him. Ill try and remember to ask him frequently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I totally agree! Everyone assumes I 'forced' her to toilet train! I try to remember to ask her often when she's going through an accident phase and sometimes just take her to the toilet anyway and she'll jump on and go. Good luck, you're not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This happened to my DD2 when her sister was born. She was TT for 2-3 months and then just started wetting herself, the mat, beds, carpets, on books etc. she is now back in nappies and is currently choosing when she wants to use the toilet.