+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Breech baby

Hi everyone just a quick question to any ladies who had a baby in breech position? I am 32 weeks and bubs has never been head down.

Just this last week I have been experiencing so much pain and pressure in my pelvis and lower back - sometimes there is allot of pressure on top of my bowels as well that I can't sit down (sorry tmi) is this normal? Does it get better or worse.

Also I read online that with the increased pressure down below that here as increased chance of early labor. How many had early labor and with a baby that didn't turn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Mel my baby turned breech at 32 weeks (had previously been head down). I never experienced the pressure you're speaking of, maybe bub is trying to turn? What kind of breech is bub? Mine was frank breech which is the hardest to turn, especially later in pregnancy.

I would jump on the spinning babies website they have lots of exercises to help bub turn. I got to 38+5 and bub still hadn't turned (also had 2 unsuccessful ecv's) and so I had a c section. I hope bub turns for you!!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mrs tuilwala thanks for the info - I had an emergency c section with DS 18 months ago so I have sort of accepted I will need a Caesarian again.

This pain and pressure is just getting worse and worse. I didn't get with DS an he was a very big baby. I think she is bum down - I don't know what this is called?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi citrus rain sorry you reply came in while I was typing - glad to hear I am not imagining things with the bowel issues.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck Mel I hope she turns for you!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mel, my bub was breech at 32 weeks but has since turned herself. There is still time and room for bub to turn. My midwife said they aren't worried about it until around 36 weeks as that's when bub basically can't turn itself anymore...Good luck! I hope it works out well for you no matter what position bub ends up in. I'm due on Wednesday with my 2nd and am still waiting LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little guy was transverse breech (lying sideways) until about 33+5, then turned himself into footling breech, then went head down at exactly 36w (I'm 36+4 today). For about a two day period over each big move he was somersaulting and knocking his head around. Those periods were very uncomfortable, but he seemed to settle into his new position after a day and it became more comfortable.

I looked at spinning babies but did nothing actively to get him to move. My OB was really calm about it, even at the 34w mark. And, if it's your second, things have been stretched out so there is definitely some time and space. Good luck.

DD Dec 2011, DS July 2013!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mel - my little guy was frank breech at 32 weeks, he turned by himself sometime before 36 weeks (I think it was around 34/35 weeks).

I never experienced the pain you have described, he really only caused me a lot of pain when he moved to heads down position. Boy did that hurt!

Could you perhaps have a scan to see what bub's position is like now? Bub sounds very low to be causing you the pain and discomfort you have described. Couldn't hurt to have it checked out

Thanks
    Reviews
    My second was breech and I had her head under my ribs, it was so uncomfortable and i got a big stretch mark where her head was that looked like i'd been clawed by a bear.

And i also used to get kick down stairs that was the worst part, i often thought i'd have her foor pop out, Ouch!