+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Longtime not been on here......have decided to go for IVF as I really want to give my son a sibling. We are both on medication to improve (sperm counts and ovulation) and hopefully start in september/oct after we get back from overseas.

I hope you all doing well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Just wanting to try and revive this thread if there's others out there experiencing this? I found out last week that with an amh of 1.4 my chances with ivf are less than 1%. We are devastated. It took 3 months to conceive DS 3 years ago and to be told my reserves are low is just heart breaking. I never thought I'd only have one child and I'm experiencing so much grief and sadness it is consuming me. Mostly it's sadness for my son who may never have that sibling connection. How do others deal with this? I'm trying hard to focus on him 100% as I don't want this experience to take away anything from him. I'm not sure if we should undergo ivf for this reason. I'm wondering how many mums move on from secondary infertility to then discover they are pregnant- or is this just wishful thinking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Hopingnpraying hi,
    @mrsminards posted this just yesterday

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...varian-Reserve

I hope that may give you some hope to try IVF?

I have been doing IVF for the past 12 months and yes it is really taxing but I don't think my son has noticed too much I have been through 5 rounds (about to do my 6th and last) I am facing the fact that I will probably not have another child so I feel your pain. I told myself a year in limbo and feeling stress is a drop in the ocean compared to a lifetime with a sibling for my ds. My first child is from IVF so I think I always knew a second might never happen.

You could try IVF and stop if it gets too much for you, if you have a supportive partner that will help your burden a lot. If cost is an issue you could try a cheaper clinic (my clinic is $1500 per cycle). Or you could try wazza or lynn seem to have good reputations for poor responders. There are options if you decide to do it. You won't really know if IVF will help you until you try it I think.

good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bongley
    good luck for the 20th....
    yes ill check that thread out.
    i know I have to give it a good crack otherwise I guess I'll never know. I'm sort of thinking I'm still in a bit of denial thinking ill conceive naturally. I've made an appt with Wazza but have to wait until July next year- it seems like such a long way to go though. I'm flying in to see him. I think if I give it a fair go then maybe I can get the closure that's needed. I guess that is the process that we have to go through. It's tough as people don't really get the hole that's gaping as most ppl feel that I "have one and should be thankful". I can't even try to explain the despair I'm feeling. I know I can counselling but its just going to take a bit of time...