+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread is me all over and is comforting in a sad way to hear other people going through the same emotional roller coaster I'm experiencing.

My story is DH and I are 34 and we have a beautiful 2 yo DS. We conceived our DS in our first month of trying and started trying for a second child when DS turned 1 (now 17-months ago). We started looking for some answers as to why we weren't falling pregnant in February this year and had a hysterogram which came up fine and then blood tests galour. DH also had a sperm analysis done. We were referred to a FS in April after our tests found a few issues.

It showed I had low AMH at 4.5 and DH had a low morbidity of 2%. So as my FS said to me conceiving DS as quickly as we did was a bit of a fluke. I guess it's nice knowing he was just meant to be...

Since June we have completed 4-rounds of Clomid with 2-months using the Ovidrel trigger shot and one month with IUI and an additional hormone injection to try and help anything stick. I have been seeing an Acupuncturist for 3 1/2 months and I hate it. It hurts me so bad I can't even explain the sensation, feels like my nerves are being pulled to the surface or something. That along with the horrid herb tea that I've been drinking morning and night and the cocktail of vitamins I've been taking Vitamin D (as I was deficient in my last pregnancy), Mega B (just started this one) and the classic Elevit tablets (which I've been on since we started trying). I feel defective...

I find it extremely weird how all of a sudden it seems like even man and his dog is getting pregnant around me... It's like rubbing salt in the wounds isn't it. I've also started to question myself in trying for another baby, thinking am I just being ungrateful for the beautiful child I have already been blessed with, and if life doesn't want me to have another baby then why am I trying to force it. I'm getting so confused...

Our next steps are to use injectables and then move onto IVF. But I don't know if I want to go down that path anymore... I honestly don't know if I will be strong enough to handle any more failures, rather than just grieve now for a choice being taken away. I don't know how some people continue on after years of trying cause I'm seriously struggling now...

DH and I have talked about having a break from trying in another few months if we don't fall pregnant, just to try and I don't know, relax a bit and not be so focused on having sex every time the little stick or our FS says we should be going for it.

Sorry this has been such a long winded vent... It's been nice to let it all out through.
    Thanks for the opportunity, I'm not a very big poster in this forum but I feel comfortable in this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, Sorry for the late reply. Siesmum - what wonderful news!! Congratulations, hope your pg goes smoothly . Al Zheimer - Welcome to the thread, but sorry you have to be here. It is such a difficult journey and I am sure there are many here who can relate to the thoughts about giving up. It just takes over everything. I am a little further along now. 3 years of TTC has shown me that I am not going to be one of the lucky ones I don't think this thread is that active anymore which is a shame, but feel free to pm me if you want to chat. Little Feet xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Feet For This Useful Post:

Al Zheimer  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Al Zheimer, sorry to hear you find yourself in this position

Hi Littlefeet, Siesmum, mysticme, salma and others

I started our 3rd stim cycle last week, we will be doing CGH. EPU will likely be sometime over the weekend or early next week.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Al Zheimer  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You girls really are beautiful... Thank you for your hugs and helping me open up about everything. I just hope I can be the same support for you all.

LittleFeet my heart aches for your pain... Sending you big hugs.

Good luck SpringRain I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

As for me I'm seeing a psychic on Saturday. Sadly it's like I need a complete stranger to give me some hope! Hmf pathetic I know...
    xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Al Zheimer For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Everyone,
    Just popping in with an update as it has made me feel a bit more upbeat and optimistic. We had tried 5 months of clomid (which i thought was all we were allowed to do) and hubby wasn't keen on IVF (our only other option) so i thought we may be at the end of the road. We went for a follow up appt with the FS and she said if i have a month break i can do 2 more cycles of clomid. She also spoke alot more about IVf and hubby is slowly warming to the idea and said he would consider it in the new year if we have not had any success in the next 3 cycles. Feeling so relieved as i just wasnt ready to call it a day!
    Thinking of you all. Welcome Al Zeimer and others.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Zheimer View Post
    You girls really are beautiful... Thank you for your hugs and helping me open up about everything. I just hope I can be the same support for you all.

LittleFeet my heart aches for your pain... Sending you big hugs.

Good luck SpringRain I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

As for me I'm seeing a psychic on Saturday. Sadly it's like I need a complete stranger to give me some hope! Hmf pathetic I know...
    xx

Reading you post was hard as it like reading my situation back to me and felt hesitant in replying. There are times I think I should be happy with my lot in life until I see the loneliness my son faces when out in parks trying to play with other children or wanting my undivided attention as he does not have a sibling to share with. We have been trying on and off for a 1.5 yrs but know that oh has low sperm count so a lot harder plus I feel the FS didn't really delve into my fertility as I think she just wanted us to go ICIS route.

I don't blame you for looking for some glimmer of hope reassurance somewhere.

Good luck to everyone I still have not given up I am nearly 36 but miracles happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by salma77 View Post
    Reading you post was hard as it like reading my situation back to me and felt hesitant in replying. There are times I think I should be happy with my lot in life until I see the loneliness my son faces when out in parks trying to play with other children or wanting my undivided attention as he does not have a sibling to share with. We have been trying on and off for a 1.5 yrs but know that oh has low sperm count so a lot harder plus I feel the FS didn't really delve into my fertility as I think she just wanted us to go ICIS route.

I don't blame you for looking for some glimmer of hope reassurance somewhere.

Good luck to everyone I still have not given up I am nearly 36 but miracles happens.
    It's the not knowing that really hurts sometimes, doesn't it...

Well my appointment with the psychic went really well. I walked away feeling refreshed and alot more accepting of the now. Although there were things that she seemed way off on, there were other things that were so accurate it was spine tingling. So the verdict was I will have another baby!!! A girl... But she's not ready yet as she's sitting on the fence with her back to me. But if her timing is right I should fall pregnant in the next 10-months.

So although this is all open to interpretation and spiritual guess work it could seem, I feel more content at the moment. I know this isn't fact and I get that, but if it helps me to relax cause I believe it IS going to happen now, it can't be all bad huh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Zheimer View Post
    It's the not knowing that really hurts sometimes, doesn't it...

Well my appointment with the psychic went really well. I walked away feeling refreshed and alot more accepting of the now. Although there were things that she seemed way off on, there were other things that were so accurate it was spine tingling. So the verdict was I will have another baby!!! A girl... But she's not ready yet as she's sitting on the fence with her back to me. But if her timing is right I should fall pregnant in the next 10-months.

So although this is all open to interpretation and spiritual guess work it could seem, I feel more content at the moment. I know this isn't fact and I get that, but if it helps me to relax cause I believe it IS going to happen now, it can't be all bad huh?
    It could be just the reassurance you needed and you relax, as they say stress is the biggest hurdle in conception.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to salma77 For This Useful Post:

Al Zheimer  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siesmum and mysticme, hope your pregnancies are smooth sailing, not too much in the way of MS or aches/pains.

Bel, that is good news, best wishes for starting ART, hope your journey is short and productive

Littlefeet, Katiesmum, Al Zheimer, mumwantsmore, hope, Vikki and others.

I underwent another stimulated cycle in Sept/Oct with CGH: out of 20 eggs, we had 12 fertilise normally, and had 4 day 5 embies. One wasn't able to be tested, one was NAD (sooo relieved!!), and one was abnormal. One has to be retested as it was inconclusive. So am not sure what my next step is, probably another stimulated cycle with more CGH if my FS agrees. DH and I are going to a seminar to formally submit our application to adopt too (conducted by our state DHS). We originally submitted our paperwork in early 2012, and had our phone interview with a case worker in mid 2012, so that has been a long time coming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great to hear from you Spring Rain, sorry I'm still getting my head around ART but did you have your embie (the normal one) implanted?
    We are having our first IVF cycle in January which is really exciting.
    Everyone xx