+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    mysticme - So sorry. Are you ok? Sending

VikkiB - sorry though that you also find yourself here. Thanks for sharing your story, sounds like you've been through a really tough time. Really hope that your frostie will give you a sibling for DS. Keep us posted with how you get on.

To everyone else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Feet For This Useful Post:

PeJu's Mum  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Great thread – thanks for starting it littlefeet

I too think I fit in here, however we are still trying so please let me know if I should be posting somewhere else.

We have a beautiful almost 7 year old boy who was conceived naturally in 2006. We have been trying for our second baby ever since. We have done 19 fully stimulated IVF cycles, had 3 miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy. We have only recently got to the root cause of our problems (immune issues) but unfortunately I think the diagnosis has come too late for us as my 38 year old eggs are no longer producing great blastocysts like they did in earlier days

April78 – Hi- I recognise your name from our other thread. We too have thought about foster care and may end up going down this path, so I would love to hear your experiences along the way. My biggest fear is that we are given permanent care of a child and then a number of years later the child is reunited with their family. My little boy is desperate to have a sibling and I know something like that would devastate him and us. It is crazy that in Australia adoption is so difficult.

Hope
    Last edited by Hope06; 21-07-2013 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope06 - Really sorry you find yourself here too. (Sorry for the bold, I can't turn it off!) It sounds like you have had a really long journey. I'm hoping it's not too late for you, now that they know what the issue is, hopefully they will be able to give you the best treatment for those particular issues. I personally have no problem with anyone posting here who is still trying. I started the thread mainly because of my isolation and wanting to connect with other women who had one (or more) child(ren) but could understand that desire and pain for another that just doesn't seem to go away. We are no longer doing IVF but we are trying in as much as I still take all my vitamins etc and we are not preventing. I still track ovulation. I ovulate every month, I have AF every month but obviously my eggs are just not good enough. I guess there is a part of me that still hopes it will happen or I wouldn't keep taking the meds or tracking ov, even though there is a part of me that thinks I need to try and let it go a bit now.... I drive myself crazy!! Anyway, look forward to getting to know you and hearing your journey.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Feet For This Useful Post:

Hope06  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are trying and this month I am on day 33 n no period but a negative pregnancy test. I did want to give it a week before I tested but could not resist! The only thing different this month is I am fasting but that has never made me miss a period. I know that I am eating a lotore than my husband when we break our fast, going to the loo loads feel nausea I really don't know what to do! Is the digital one less sensitive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Turns out just being a greedy pig af arrived at 3am! Should have stuck to instinct n tested when a week late. The amount of money spent on pregnancy tests should buy shares in clear blue! Just keep trying I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone and welcome to the new ladies.
    Mystic me and Salam sorry to hear af has arrived..
    I am currently in the tww after trying acupuncture, I really don't know why I am doing this as I know it is only going to lead to more heartache, although for the first time in a VERY long time I think I ovulated this month.
    I just don't know how I will survive if this doesn't work

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siesmum View Post
    Hi everyone and welcome to the new ladies.
    Mystic me and Salam sorry to hear af has arrived..
    I am currently in the tww after trying acupuncture, I really don't know why I am doing this as I know it is only going to lead to more heartache, although for the first time in a VERY long time I think I ovulated this month.
    I just don't know how I will survive if this doesn't work

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :-)
    Good luck Siesmum, hope the acupuncture worked some magic for you.
    AFM: I've just started another clomid cycle so hope this is the lucky one. Another awkward work moment today when a colleague was sharing that she was deciding whether to have a third child or not. She asked how many kids I have and when I said one she said "oh well you have to have at least another one" I felt like saying dont u know the 2 years of hell I've been thru to try for a second. Or even if I only wanted one child which I find perfectly acceptable, why do people not think its acceptable to only have one! Aargh sorry for the rant!
    have a lovely weekend ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    when you go for acupuncture do you have to ask for a specific treatment or is it general as I am thinking I will go down this route too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salma77 View Post
    when you go for acupuncture do you have to ask for a specific treatment or is it general as I am thinking I will go down this route too
    When I went to my first session she just asked me if there was a reason I was trying it so I explained my situation and she looked at my tongue and told me I had blockages in my body.
    She also gave me some tablets to take every day.
    Good luck if you do decide to do it, I am finally feeling a lot calmer and accepting of the fact I may never have another child which I think acupuncture has helped in that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siesmum View Post
    When I went to my first session she just asked me if there was a reason I was trying it so I explained my situation and she looked at my tongue and told me I had blockages in my body.
    She also gave me some tablets to take every day.
    Good luck if you do decide to do it, I am finally feeling a lot calmer and accepting of the fact I may never have another child which I think acupuncture has helped in that.
    I am booked in for saturday lets see where it takes us. I conceived first time within 4 months but mc and then it took it me a yr to conceive after I had a few sessions of reflexology and lost a few pounds too so who knows what caused the bfp but something did!

I still at times think maybe it will be just one but I have not gone down every avenue yet so lets see! Good luck to anyone who is trying

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast