+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome April - I can understand how hard it is with a Dh away when you are ttc it gets so frustrating at times!!

Salama77- I often think if dd had her cousins nearby it would help with some of the pain not having another child as she will have her family to grow up with.

SpringRain- I will let you know how the acupuncture goes I am just keeping an open mind but I am a bit worried how I will cope if it doesn't work, I have given myself a few months to see if it helps.
    I have also thought adoption but Dh isn't as keen and I have heard its very expensive. But I have wondered about becoming a foster parent but don't know much about the process.

Mysticme- how did your bt go? I hope the clomid works.

AFM- yet another friend is pregnant and another is hopefully pregnant after trying IVF. Although I am happy for my pregnant friend a few tears were shed at realising that may never be me again.
    Hope you all have a lovely weekend !! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting for results because I live remote, I won't get the results for a few days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticme View Post
    Waiting for results because I live remote, I won't get the results for a few days!
    Amazingly enough I got the results from my blood test today.
    My progesterone was 38 which the Nurse said was perfect.
    So fingers crossed for the next week!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey there. I'm not sure if I quite fit in, but I thought I'd share my experience with secondary infertility.

Fell pregnant with my son (who is now 6 and a half) when I was just 17. Completely unplanned pregnancy, with someone I'd been seeing on and off for a couple of years. I didn't really have any support during the pregnancy, and raised my son by myself (FOB started being more involved when he was about 2). Always dreamed of having more children (planned!) with someone who loved me, would be supportive of myself and our child, to have that "nuclear family" that I always yearned for. I felt reassured that at least I fell pregnant rather easily with my son, so should be no problem when the time was right, yeah? Unfortunately not. Long story short, I had to have one Fallopian tube removed in an emergency surgery, and the other is completely blocked. Then I was diagnosed with PCOS, along with other health problems.

I am now partnered, and we have discussed the possibility of trying IVF in the next few years....but it's starting to seem more and more unlikely. I think there may be a time where I will have to accept that DS may be my only child. I would be okay with that, except for the fact that it would mean that my DP would have to accept not ever having his own biological child, which I feel so guilty about.

The older my son gets, the more sad I feel about him having no siblings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

April78 -
    Welcome, sorry that you have found yourself here too. We discussed other ways of expanding our family but it's important to my DH to have that biological connection. It's not so important for me, and as I am the one with the low egg reserve I was open to an egg donor, but he didn't feel right about it. Obviously, as difficult as it is for me, I would never expect him to go down a path that he didn't feel completely comfortable with. So therefore, I have to try and accept that DS will be my only. I am hoping that will get easier with time.

mysticme - How exciting!! Everything crossed that the clomid does the trick. Keep us posted.

Siesmum - Everything crossed the accupuncture does the trick. How are you finding it? I tried it alongside IVF when I first started but I didn't have a very good experience with it, hope your's is much better than mine was. Also know exactly where you are coming from with all the BFP's. just heard about 2 today, and of course I'm happy for them, but.....

ElectricPink - Welcome, and agai. Sorry that you have found yourself here too. It's sad that fertility is not always to do with age. I am much older than you but was also very fortunate in falling pregnant with DS very easily. How does your DS feel about not having siblings? This is one of my biggest challenges because my DS is desperate for a sibling, sometimes I think it's because he is so in tune with how I feel, then I feel guilty and wonder if I am too open with how I feel at times.

KatiesMum, SpringRain, Bel2466, Salma77 and anyone I've missed -

hope you're all ok.

AFM - Having a low day today. I've been organising DS's birthday party which is in 2 weeks. Although I am excited to watch him grow, I feel such a sense of loss with the passing of time that yet another stage of his childhood over and that I won't get to experience this again. He is growing so fast. How do you adjust to accepting that the family unit you thought you would have is not actually your reality? Why do I still feel like "someone" is missing from our home? No need to reply, I just needed somewhere to say it, thanks for listening x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi little feet, I am really feeling for you too. Today our mothers group gets together for a combined 4th birthday for our little ones. I am going to be the only one there with only one child out of about 8 families. Some have already gone on to have their 3rd child. I'm not looking forward to all the questions or pity. About half know I have trying for a second. Big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bel2466 - Thanks for thinking of me. How did it go with the Mother's Group? I hope you managed to enjoy some of it. I know what you mean about being the only one left with one child, I joined a group when I was pg with DS, all of us were due in July 2008 and gave birth within weeks of each other. Most have had a second, but there are some who have had a third and a couple who have gone to on have their 4th or are pg now with their 4th. It is so hard at times. to you too x

Thanks
    Reviews
    April78 - It's awful isn't it. I have got to the point where less and less people are asking as DS is almost 5. Part of me hates that too though, l guess I wonder what they think about why we haven't had another. One Mum said to me once, "well your DS is a character, you probably wouldn't have the time for another". What does that mean?? And am I being overly sensitive!! Do keep us posted on how you go with the DCP, it really will be interesting to hear the process. I am feeling more like I want to go down the path of adoption but I know DH doesn't want this, so hard when you're not on the same page. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Round one over and I am out.
    CD1 here today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear of your BFN, Mysticme.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, I think I fit in.

In April 2009, we started TTC. Our friend got married that same month, and his wife fell PG immediately. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility and did 3 stim cycles of ICSI in 2011. We got our BFP the same week that said friend became a father for the second time.

Fast forward to May this year, we got the shock of a life time when I got a natural BFP. Only to discover that it was ectopic. It was a crushing blow to discover after the emergency surgery that they had needed to remove both of my tubes. One had the ectopic, the other was blocked and swollen. So now our only option is to do IVF again.

And we found out this month that said friend is expecting his third child, about the time that my ectopic embryo would have been due.

We have a frostie from when DS was conceived, so hopefully I won't need to do another stim cycle. I've booked an appointment to see my FS next month.

But it is hard when others have so little trouble conceiving.

DH (early 30s) + me (29 + several months)
    DS (IVF #3) born 21/4/12 by emergency c-section
    Both tubes removed after (natural) ectopic PG on 27/5/13

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast